banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
charlene

Default Tarrytown, NY.-May 17,2019

1. Sweet Guinevere
2. Did She Mention My Name
3. Too Many Clues in This Room
4. Never Too Close
5. Don Quixote
6. A Painter Passing Through
7. Spanish Moss
8. Shadows
9. Rainy Day People
10.The Watchman's Gone
11.The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
12.Clouds of Loneliness

BREAK

13.Carefree Highway
14.Cotton Jenny
15.Ribbon Of Darkness
16.Sundown
17.I'd Rather Press On
18.14 Karat Gold
19.Minstrel Of The Dawn
20.Beautiful
21.Let It Ride
22.If You Could Read My Mind
23.Restless
24.Baby Step Back
25.Early Morning Rain

Encore

26.Song For A Winter's Night
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
Andy T.

Send a message via AIM to Andy T.
Default Re: Tarrytown, NY.-May 17,2019

When looking at modern day set-lists, I sometimes flash back to my reaction to setlists in the pre-internet age. Great to see Gordie still covering so many nice "album tracks" - along with a bit of sadness that he just can no longer pull off The Trilogy.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

according to the reviewer on
http://www.digitaljournal.com/entertainment/music/review-gordon-lightfoot-melts-hearts-at-tarrytown-music-hall-in-new-york/article/550143?fbclid=IwAR0qADeTvwFQAM0ugCIxgxWYyyUhuUE42w fcOYGP859-QdTNCr8ekQxtR9M
the set list also included "Cold On The Shoulder" but I do not remember trying to make up a number rhyming clue on Friday for that title so it must be his wishful thinking or imagination!

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
3pennies

I was at Tarrytown. The Wreck was the last song before break. I recorded it and double checked. Sure enough when it was over he says "we'll be right back."
3pennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
charlene

http://www.digitaljournal.com/entert...article/550143

Review: Gordon Lightfoot melts hearts at Tarrytown Music Hall in New York SPECIAL
LISTEN | PRINT
BY MARKOS PAPADATOS 10 MINS AGO IN MUSIC
Tarrytown -

On May 17, acclaimed Canadian singer-songwriter Gordon Lightfoot headlined the exquisite Tarrytown Music Hall in upstate New York for a great turnout of fans.

This was a tour stop on his "80 Years Strong" Tour, and it was evident that his music is alive and well, and relevant as ever. The show was evenly divided into two sets, where he performed hit after hit throughout the evening.

Some of the highlights from the first set included "The Watchman's Gone," as well as the poignant ballad "Sweet Guinevere" and "Never Too Close." "Beautiful" was quite beautiful thanks to its vibrant lyrics. Equally impressive was the midtempo "Cold on the Shoulder," and he picked up the pace with "Did She Mention My Name," while the fan-favorite "Sundown" was sheer bliss. Lightfoot's vocals were controlled, rumbling and resonant. There is an honesty and authenticity to his music.

"The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" was a musical masterpiece that showcased his incredible storytelling ability, and the same holds true for the perennial standard "If You Could Read My Mind." Other noteworthy tunes from the latter half of the show included "Rainy Day People," as well as the mellifluous "A PainterPassing Through."

"Early Mornin' Rain" was nostalgic and filled with raw emotions. Lightfoot interacted well with his fans. One of the most remarkable moments was when a female fan kindly asked him for his pick as a souvenir, and he responded that "picks are indeed rare"; however, later on in the show, the living music legend singlehandedly furnished that woman with his very own pick, which proves that he is a man of class and character.

The Verdict

Overall, Gordon Lightfoot was able to captivate the Tarrytown Music Hall, where he was able to take his fans and listening audience on a musical journey. His voice is like fine wine, where he only gets better with time, and his prowess on acoustic guitar is unparalleled.

Lightfoot is a man that deserves to be inducted into the coveted Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. For anybody that has any doubts, all they need to see is watch a highlight reel of his live performances of "If You Could Read My Mind" and "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" at the Tarrytown Music Hall.

Speaking of the Tarrytown Music Hall, this venue provided a warm, intimate setting for a concert of this caliber. Lightfoot had the crowd with him every step of the way, and they were all aware that they were in the presence of musical greatness. His music is timeless and it will stand the test of time. His vivacious live set garnered an A rating.

To learn more about Canadian music star Gordon Lightfoot, his music and 2019 tour dates, check out his official website - www.lightfoot.ca and his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/GordonLightfootOfficial/
Old 05-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pennies View Post
I was at Tarrytown. The Wreck was the last song before break. I recorded it and double checked. Sure enough when it was over he says "we'll be right back."
I saw the list online - where did Clouds fit in??
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
3pennies

Unfortunately I did not jot down a set list. Clouds could have been right before the Wreck. It could also have been second set.

Last edited by 3pennies; 05-20-2019 at 02:32 PM.
3pennies is offline   Reply With Quote