banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2001, 04:56 PM   #1
wmmartin

Hi,

I am very happy to announce Charlene as a new moderator to this discussion board.

Charlene is kind enough to assist me with with moderating the discussion board.

I have not been around very much lately, so I more than appreciate her helping hand in keeping the discussion boards enjoyable for all participants.

Please let's all give her a warm welcome in her new role. Thank you, Charlene.

-Florian
wmmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 04:56 PM   #2
Florian

Hi,

I am very happy to announce Charlene as a new moderator to this discussion board.

Charlene is kind enough to assist me with with moderating the discussion board.

I have not been around very much lately, so I more than appreciate her helping hand in keeping the discussion boards enjoyable for all participants.

Please let's all give her a warm welcome in her new role. Thank you, Charlene.

-Florian
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:24 PM   #3
rainydayperson

Here is to you Charlene
rainydayperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
classicmixdj

Here is to you Charlene
classicmixdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:32 PM   #5
charlene

Thank you Florian.
I consider it an honour to be asked to participate with this board. I'd like everyone to know that just because I'm a Canadian doesn't mean I'll put up with any hanky-panky or inappropriate postings.!
lol
I am of the opinion that if a person should come onto any discussion board such as this and be rude, slanderous, mean-spirited and deliberate towards the subject of the board or any persons posting on the board they should be ignored and not replied to. Attention is a craving for them and if they don't get it they will get bored and go away! I hope! Differences of opinions such your individual thoughts about the best Lightfoot song/favourite Lightfoot song (Beautiful)/best Lightfoot hairdo/ best album cover etc.etc. can be done maturely with respect and tolerance for each others different opinions. Personal attacks are not necessary nor will they be tolerated. Treat each other as you would like to be treated - with respect!
I have so enjoyed this board and the others I frequent that I can't even describe how happy it has made me to "meet" all of you. Sharing such a passion in my life such as Lightfoot is, came as a beautiful surprise to me because I always felt he was mine and no one could possibly be as enraptured as I! Well, lo and behold - here you are - in love with the man and music and I love that you are too! I've learned to share him and revel in your stories and passion as if they were my own. We are a special bunch of people to find this connection and keep it true to the respect we all feel for Gordon M. Lightfoot. We need to remember that every time we talk to each other.
Okay - lesson's over: be good, be kind and don't make me have to figure out how to delete any messages! LOL
Charlene
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 06:32 PM   #6
charlene

Thank you Florian.
I consider it an honour to be asked to participate with this board. I'd like everyone to know that just because I'm a Canadian doesn't mean I'll put up with any hanky-panky or inappropriate postings.!
lol
I am of the opinion that if a person should come onto any discussion board such as this and be rude, slanderous, mean-spirited and deliberate towards the subject of the board or any persons posting on the board they should be ignored and not replied to. Attention is a craving for them and if they don't get it they will get bored and go away! I hope! Differences of opinions such your individual thoughts about the best Lightfoot song/favourite Lightfoot song (Beautiful)/best Lightfoot hairdo/ best album cover etc.etc. can be done maturely with respect and tolerance for each others different opinions. Personal attacks are not necessary nor will they be tolerated. Treat each other as you would like to be treated - with respect!
I have so enjoyed this board and the others I frequent that I can't even describe how happy it has made me to "meet" all of you. Sharing such a passion in my life such as Lightfoot is, came as a beautiful surprise to me because I always felt he was mine and no one could possibly be as enraptured as I! Well, lo and behold - here you are - in love with the man and music and I love that you are too! I've learned to share him and revel in your stories and passion as if they were my own. We are a special bunch of people to find this connection and keep it true to the respect we all feel for Gordon M. Lightfoot. We need to remember that every time we talk to each other.
Okay - lesson's over: be good, be kind and don't make me have to figure out how to delete any messages! LOL
Charlene
Old 01-18-2001, 07:04 PM   #7
SilverHeels

So glad it's you, Char. If anyone can keep
this board in order, it's you. And dont
forget, if all else fails, I can always get the cement shoes at a real good price. lol.
Way to go, piasana!
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:06 PM   #8
Bahama Star

Congratulations and Thankyou Charlene !!

I promise to be good ( shiver !!! )

I hope during your time as moderator you get to visit Australia ( come now there's no snow.... lol ).

Even Gordon came here once...

Keep smiling........Ron !!!
Bahama Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:06 PM   #9
catmanron

Congratulations and Thankyou Charlene !!

I promise to be good ( shiver !!! )

I hope during your time as moderator you get to visit Australia ( come now there's no snow.... lol ).

Even Gordon came here once...

Keep smiling........Ron !!!
catmanron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:52 PM   #10
gathrb

Char,
Glad a nice person like you will be helping out at this site. You have a sweet spirit. Good Luck!
gathrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 08:52 PM   #11
Tom

Char,
Glad a nice person like you will be helping out at this site. You have a sweet spirit. Good Luck!
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 11:06 PM   #12
Annette Hannivan

Florian and Char,
For many reasons this is a very good thing that you two have done. Two heads, four eyes and twenty fingers will not only help keep things civil but it will also bring a new perspective to the discussion forum. A perfect fit. John
Annette Hannivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2001, 11:06 PM   #13
Mister hoot'n holler

Florian and Char,
For many reasons this is a very good thing that you two have done. Two heads, four eyes and twenty fingers will not only help keep things civil but it will also bring a new perspective to the discussion forum. A perfect fit. John
Mister hoot'n holler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 11:44 AM   #14
Wingdrops

Brilliant solution! What a delight! Congrats to Florian and Char!

But Char, I think you may need to learn how to do the "delete" function. The faster the trash is taken out the less time it has to stink up the place.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS
Wingdrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 11:44 AM   #15
2Much2Lose

Brilliant solution! What a delight! Congrats to Florian and Char!

But Char, I think you may need to learn how to do the "delete" function. The faster the trash is taken out the less time it has to stink up the place.

------------------
"And the laughter came too easy for life to pass me by." - SDYS
2Much2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 02:15 PM   #16
DJL

Congratulations Char. Good choice Florian. I think perhaps a little 'well done' to SilverHeels for suggesting this solution may be appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong there Char. Could be your first little test. LOL.

Al.
DJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 02:15 PM   #17
A Painter

Congratulations Char. Good choice Florian. I think perhaps a little 'well done' to SilverHeels for suggesting this solution may be appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong there Char. Could be your first little test. LOL.

Al.
A Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #18
charlene

I thought so!
that little dickens!
No need for DELETE quite yet!
lol
char
Old 01-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #19
charlene

I thought so!
that little dickens!
No need for DELETE quite yet!
lol
char
Old 01-20-2001, 02:03 PM   #20
SilverHeels

Ooops ... take to the Hills ... lol
SilverHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 01:04 PM   #21
Tom

Char,

Congrats! I've been absent from this site for some time, and have missed most of the nastiness (thank goodness!) that has recently plagued this forum. That Florian chose you to co-moderate is a credit to him and a welcome to us who come here to commune and enjoy the ambiance of Gordon Lightfoot. I look forward to dropping in (when time permits) and see what lies in store for us with you at the helm.

Mary Ann
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2001, 01:04 PM   #22
Mary Ann

Char,

Congrats! I've been absent from this site for some time, and have missed most of the nastiness (thank goodness!) that has recently plagued this forum. That Florian chose you to co-moderate is a credit to him and a welcome to us who come here to commune and enjoy the ambiance of Gordon Lightfoot. I look forward to dropping in (when time permits) and see what lies in store for us with you at the helm.

Mary Ann
Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 04:43 PM   #23
CanadaGirl38

Oh, geeze! They're letting Char be a moderator?......

Oops! Just kidding. Great pick, Florian. I'll be sure to do something offensive to see if this works....
CanadaGirl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 04:43 PM   #24
fezo

Oh, geeze! They're letting Char be a moderator?......

Oops! Just kidding. Great pick, Florian. I'll be sure to do something offensive to see if this works....
fezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 06:45 PM   #25
Rose

Florian,

What a great choice in selecting Char as a co-moderator. Char has wonderful
knowledge of Gordon further more he is ingrained in her soul. Welcome to your new chair Char.

Sundownbuff
P.S. It is wonderful having a women's view point of Gordon, no insult intended Florian.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote