banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 08-07-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
Borderstone

Anyone remember in 1980 when Tom Hanks And Peter Scolari starred in this show?

Well,it's 1:45am here in Phoenix and ABC 15 is showing the 1st one from Nov. '80!

I haven't seen this episode since that time and I haven't seen the show since 1983 or 4 I believe. Good old Buffy and Hildregarde (Henry & Kip)! (Not to mention castmate Donna Dixon! Wooh!)

Hmmm.not one woman could tell these were guys? Riiiiight! I also never understood the use of,"My Life" by Billy Joel for the theme song. So cool,I hope it's going to be a recurring re-run!

P.S.-They showed episode 2 after it,I think it's going to be on awhile!
------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited August 07, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited August 29, 2004).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 07:40 AM   #2
Auburn Annie

I loved Bosom Buddies - good ol' Kip and Henry. And the character played by Wendy Jo Spurber (sp?) - she was one of the gaga Beatle fans in the movie "I Wanna Hold You Hand", another gem. And I've alays liked Holland Taylor. They had quite a cast.
Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
Borderstone

Annie,oh "yeah,yeah,yeah",I've seen "I Want To Hold Your Hand". I love the part where the guy is trying to knockout the transmitter so the Beatles telecast will go black but then a bolt of lightning hits the tower! I also like the scene when Wendy Jo "Sperber" and friends are under The Beatles hotel beds! She played "Amy" on B.B. by the way.

I tell you Annie,I felt like I went back 24 years in time to my first 2 or 3 months here in Phoenix. That's how long I've been here! Unlike then,the show looks so different to me now. I guess because it's been so long. Although,when I watched episode 2,I found I knew exactly what they wee going to say or do next,even though it's been so long. Here's irony for you:at one point in this episode,Kip (Tom Hanks) makes a mock Academy Awards acceptence speech!

I wish I could think of a stand out episode besides the "Pilot" show. It has been awhile.
It's also funny to me now when I actually used to think Peter Scolari would be the famous one! Anyway,i hop it's on again next Fri. night/Sat. Morning. Later!

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited August 07, 2004).]
Old 08-29-2004, 04:28 AM   #4
Borderstone

I know it's not of great intrest but just to be up to date,yes...it did turn into weekly weeknight reruns! 1:30am to 2:30. I'm so happy. I can't believe this show only ran Nov. '80 to May '82! 38 shows? I'd have sworn it was on longer than that. Oh well,later!

------------------
Old 07-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #5
Borderstone

Thought I'd post this message here sincethe subject of it is mentioned above.

Yesterday,hard to believe,Tom Hanks turned the big 5-0! A happy belated birthday to him! That means he was 24 on Bosum Buddies..wow!