banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 05-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Doug

Send a message via AIM to Doug

It's really odd, the last couple of days I went to a few music stores around the Twin Cities to grab APPT and Harmony for Vera ( Germany76 ) to take with me when I fly home in a couple of weeks.
I couldn't find any of them, not a single copy. Usually Border's here has them all, but this time they had just the Greatest Hits. When I asked for Harmony I always heard "Temporarily sold out, check back next week"...

Then I looked at Amazon, same thing "not available at the moment". Eventually I found it on ebay but still, I wonder what's going on. Did half of America all of a sudden found a new appreciation and love for Gordon's music?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Claudia

Send a message via MSN to Claudia

It's really odd, the last couple of days I went to a few music stores around the Twin Cities to grab APPT and Harmony for Vera ( Germany76 ) to take with me when I fly home in a couple of weeks.
I couldn't find any of them, not a single copy. Usually Border's here has them all, but this time they had just the Greatest Hits. When I asked for Harmony I always heard "Temporarily sold out, check back next week"...

Then I looked at Amazon, same thing "not available at the moment". Eventually I found it on ebay but still, I wonder what's going on. Did half of America all of a sudden found a new appreciation and love for Gordon's music?
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

It happens all the time. Companies don't like to repress another batch of CDs until there is a large enough backorder. Supply & demand in this case. But cduniverse.com is a good source:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...=6972495&BAB=E

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
Borderstone

Don't be too surprised Caudia,even when I went to buy Harmony 3 years ago on May 11th,they only stocked about 5 copies.

Along with Bill's answer,it's also tougher to find because it's a 3 year old CD and it's by an artist that most people almost never think about.

Big chain record stores are suffering anyway because of digital downloadig and I-pods. So,when they sell out of something,that mroe than likely took a long time to sell,they're certainly in no hurry to restock it.

If you have independent and/or "used" record stores in your town,I highly reccomend it. Just check your yellow pages under "compact discs".
(They don't call them record stores anymore).

Good luck,Claudia.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Doug

Thanks for the link Bill. I was lucky enough to find a new Harmony CD on ebay and bought two copies, since mine is skipping - probably worn out...

Nevertheless I checked back at Border's today, just to get a little on their nerves and to make sure they know that there actually are people out there who are looking for Lightfoot CD's.

This time I had a different guy and he actually told me that they normally always have all of his CD's in stock but in the last couple of weeks there was an unusally high demand and they are temporarily completely sold out and have to wait until the main distribution center is restocked again. He even promised to call me when the CD is back.
I thanked him and left with a grin, since I think that's rather good news
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Claudia

Thanks for the link Bill. I was lucky enough to find a new Harmony CD on ebay and bought two copies, since mine is skipping - probably worn out...

Nevertheless I checked back at Border's today, just to get a little on their nerves and to make sure they know that there actually are people out there who are looking for Lightfoot CD's.

This time I had a different guy and he actually told me that they normally always have all of his CD's in stock but in the last couple of weeks there was an unusally high demand and they are temporarily completely sold out and have to wait until the main distribution center is restocked again. He even promised to call me when the CD is back.
I thanked him and left with a grin, since I think that's rather good news
Old 05-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

Harmony is available at Amazon, but you have to skip over the US version and look for the import (Canada). It's also the import at CD Universe. That doesn't make any difference, but if you don't know to look for the import, you might miss it.

However, I found another source of Harmony, and it's $4 cheaper:

Harmony at CD Baby

APPT is undoubtedly out of print. Like Waiting For You, I don't think you'll see Reprise reissue that one. Maybe at some point, Rhino will pick them up. (We can hope). There are copies floating around, even new ones, but you have to look. You probably won't want to buy the $20+ Australian pressing which is what the big stores now carry.
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #8
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Thanks Val - CD Baby looks pretty good. Another place to spend money.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #9
Germany76

Hi, Claudia, hi to all of you ,
just saw your posts and subsequently checked Amazon.de for offers. They list 7 offers for Harmony, five of which are American vendors. They are called colibris, harveyauctions (any c
onnections there?) ,dmtsl, topmusic , expressdiscs and horizons. They all list American states as points of shipping. The 3 latter addresses also have offers for WFY. But now listen to the prices . Harmony ranges between 40 and an incredible 71 Euros for a used CD plus 14 Euros for shipping plus unknown taxes. But listen, Claudia, there are also 2 German vendors offering WFY for roundabout 20Euros .I could buy these, one for me and one IŽd give to you to hand on to a Corfid friend . What do you think? Reply or e-mail me asap. Oh, Amazon has just added an offer of their own.(Harmony ) Shall I buy that one as well to spare you further trouble ? Let me know . Have a nice day ,all of you (probably still sound asleep). Love Vera
Germany76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:37 AM   #10
Germany76

JUst found two more offers -several copies of new!CDs for only 11Euros- incl.shipping. - for Harmony.Shall I? Tell me. V.
Germany76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 AM   #11
Doug

Vera,

relax!! I got all three of your CD's now. WFY is already here on my desk and Harmony & APPT should arrive soon. I saw all the 'private' offeres on Amazon too but the prices were just too high. But what I said in my earlier posts, I found Harmony on ebay ( new ) for a decent price and APPT I actually bought from a private vendor on Amazon, price also o.k. So everything is fine and you'll have them soon. I was only surprised to find out they were hard to get, that's all.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:49 AM   #12
Claudia

Vera,

relax!! I got all three of your CD's now. WFY is already here on my desk and Harmony & APPT should arrive soon. I saw all the 'private' offeres on Amazon too but the prices were just too high. But what I said in my earlier posts, I found Harmony on ebay ( new ) for a decent price and APPT I actually bought from a private vendor on Amazon, price also o.k. So everything is fine and you'll have them soon. I was only surprised to find out they were hard to get, that's all.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
brink-

Quote:
Originally posted by BILLW:
Thanks Val - CD Baby looks pretty good. Another place to spend money.

Bill
the "other" Bill (Bill Hall) here on corfid has two CD's on CD Baby. It is a nice place to shop.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #14
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

whilst a'googling for lyrics I spotted
http://www.11-11.streamlinetrial.co....02f9b9225710a0
on which one Trevor Guern from Kent waxed lyrical aboot the Harmony CD.
I have now found his email address and have just told him of this topic and suggested that he joins the increasing number of UK fans who are corfid members
This has been a public service membership announcement from
John Fowles Bt
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #15
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

whilst a'googling for lyrics I spotted
http://www.11-11.streamlinetrial.co....02f9b9225710a0
on which one Trevor Guern from Kent waxed lyrical aboot the Harmony CD.
I have now found his email address and have just told him of this topic and suggested that he joins the increasing number of UK fans who are corfid members
This has been a public service membership announcement from
John Fowles Bt
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote