banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 02-08-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
endlesswire78

I have just gotten my Gord "Live In Reno" DVD. I have watched it twice already, but will probably watch it much more. Its like having a Gord concert right in your living room. Also, did anyone ever notice that Gord cuts out some of his verses or shortens them when doing a concert?
Old 02-09-2003, 09:33 AM   #2
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

You bet! And sometimes changes/forgets? words, too. It sort of makes each time special. Hope there's another one in the future.

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:34 AM   #3
Cathy

Send a message via AIM to Cathy

quote:Originally posted by endlesswire78:
I have just gotten my Gord "Live In Reno" DVD. I have watched it twice already, but will probably watch it much more. Its like having a Gord concert right in your living room. Also, did anyone ever notice that Gord cuts out some of his verses or shortens them when doing a concert?

I got the Reno DVD for my birthday, from my oldest son. I have these two boys trained right! I've had the video for a year, but the DVD is so much better, especially when I play it on surround sound.
I've seen Gord shorten a few songs in concert. Sundown is one of them. I think he does it so he can include more songs in the setlist.

------------------
Cathy
Visit my website at http://www.cathycowette.com
Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Khotsocooldude

I particularly like the 'Consider the burden of fame' verse in 'The House You Live In' I was disappointed that Gord left that one out on the Reno show. He also leaves out the, 'Up in the wilderness land of our birth' verse in 'Waiting For You' However these are Gordon's songs and he can do them as he likes. Please be advised that, this is not a criticism, merely an observation
Khotsocooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 03:46 PM   #5
Borderstone

I (and most of us) know that he either changes or leaves out the last verse to,"Cotton Jenny". You know,where he mentions the "hot sickly south". He realized he might offend some people down there. I wonder why he didn't just change sickly to "misty",sure sounds better. I'm hoping to get my own DVD copy of that very soon,although it sure wont top seing him live for real. Borderstone,outta here and Alberta Bound! Ooops! Sorry,sir. I didn't see you there! (ha ha)
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:33 AM   #6
looking4garry

I've been to about 30 GL concerts (met him at one) in the past 32 years, and always looked forward to hearing my favorite GL tune
"If You Could Read My Mind" along with all the rest of course.

Because IYCRMM was my favorite I always listened carefully to every word when he sang it, and noticed he would alternate at the end of the song, between the original "the feeling that you lack" to "every feelin that you lack" to every feelin that we lack" ad lastly "all the feelings that we lack".

I'm sure he probably did this on many songs, but I always waited on this particular song to see what it was gonna be that night.

I sure hope he's doing well.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:34 AM   #7
MotherofaMinersChild

The reason that it changed from the "feelings that you lack" to "feelings that we lack" was because of a request from Ingrid, Gord's and Brita's daughter. She didn't like the fact that the original lyric "you lack" made it sound like it was all mom's doing that the marriage failed.
MotherofaMinersChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #8
brink

How interesting. I have rarely heard GL ever talk about any of his children. That is a nice insight in the personal life of the Lightfoot family. Thanks
quote:Originally posted by MotherofaMinersChild:
The reason that it changed from the "feelings that you lack" to "feelings that we lack" was because of a request from Ingrid, Gord's and Brita's daughter. She didn't like the fact that the original lyric "you lack" made it sound like it was all mom's doing that the marriage failed.

brink is offline   Reply With Quote