banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #1
Mariposa Belle

There will be a CBC television broadcast of a "Live" concert (taped, of course) advertised for airing on October 1st, 8 p.m. EST. Just saw it on a commercial today while visiting in Canada this week.

Some info on previous speculation in strings further down the board:
I used to work at the very hospital that Gord is convalescing in at this time. In the most severe of cases, patients with Gord's condition spent about 3 weeks in ICU, providing that no further surgeries were involved. This is a fairly difficult and long-term recovery for this type of problem.
I think that his management have deceived the faithful by being overly optimistic. My opinion is that he will not tour again this year and won't take the stage again until the spring where he will likely begin with his Massey Hall peformances in Toronto.
My opinion only, since I am far removed from the scene these days, but I am likely as accurate as anyone you've heard from on this forum.

Cheers
Old 09-24-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
Mariposa Belle

There will be a CBC television broadcast of a "Live" concert (taped, of course) advertised for airing on October 1st, 8 p.m. EST. Just saw it on a commercial today while visiting in Canada this week.

Some info on previous speculation in strings further down the board:
I used to work at the very hospital that Gord is convalescing in at this time. In the most severe of cases, patients with Gord's condition spent about 3 weeks in ICU, providing that no further surgeries were involved. This is a fairly difficult and long-term recovery for this type of problem.
I think that his management have deceived the faithful by being overly optimistic. My opinion is that he will not tour again this year and won't take the stage again until the spring where he will likely begin with his Massey Hall peformances in Toronto.
My opinion only, since I am far removed from the scene these days, but I am likely as accurate as anyone you've heard from on this forum.

Cheers
Old 09-24-2002, 04:58 PM   #3
ChristopherPennington

Is this something other than the concert previously aired in the US on PBS? If so, I'd sure love to see it. Not a chance in Virginia though, I'm sure.
ChristopherPennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:58 PM   #4
70sFan

Is this something other than the concert previously aired in the US on PBS? If so, I'd sure love to see it. Not a chance in Virginia though, I'm sure.
70sFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:29 PM   #5
Gord

It's the shortened version of the PBS special.... if I can stay awake long enough I intend to record the music into my hard drive and burn in it to CD.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:29 PM   #6
Gord

It's the shortened version of the PBS special.... if I can stay awake long enough I intend to record the music into my hard drive and burn in it to CD.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:13 AM   #7
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Belle:
Could you elaborate on what you personally think the "problems as they arise" referred to often in Gords case might possibly be?
I know you're not involved, but an educated guess would be appreciated. It sure beats
those kind of cryptic phrases.
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 06:13 AM   #8
Rob1956

Belle:
Could you elaborate on what you personally think the "problems as they arise" referred to often in Gords case might possibly be?
I know you're not involved, but an educated guess would be appreciated. It sure beats
those kind of cryptic phrases.
Rob1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:36 PM   #9
Auburn Annie

TO Rob1956

If Gord's problem was an abdominal aortic aneurysm (triple A), that is a major, life-threatening illness. 50% never make it to surgery; postoperative mortality runs another 25-30% due to problems such as pneumonia, deep vein thrombosis, stroke and heart attack. Lung problems are the primary postop problem, and as a smoker, Gord will undoubtedly have issues with that. The "window" when most of these things happen is in the first month to 6 weeks post-op. The doctor alluded to non-specific obstacles that have happened and are being taken care of as they occur. Add in having the muscles of your stomach cut (in an emergency, I'm sure they didn't do laparoscopic surgery) and who knows how much blood loss, and you've got the scenario for a *very* long recuperative period.
I lost an uncle to AAA, and my late mother-in-law also had it, but died from bypass complications prior to surgery for the aneurysm. He's made it this far, so let's keep those good thought and bouquets of prayer headed his way.

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 04:36 PM   #10
Auburn Annie

TO Rob1956

If Gord's problem was an abdominal aortic aneurysm (triple A), that is a major, life-threatening illness. 50% never make it to surgery; postoperative mortality runs another 25-30% due to problems such as pneumonia, deep vein thrombosis, stroke and heart attack. Lung problems are the primary postop problem, and as a smoker, Gord will undoubtedly have issues with that. The "window" when most of these things happen is in the first month to 6 weeks post-op. The doctor alluded to non-specific obstacles that have happened and are being taken care of as they occur. Add in having the muscles of your stomach cut (in an emergency, I'm sure they didn't do laparoscopic surgery) and who knows how much blood loss, and you've got the scenario for a *very* long recuperative period.
I lost an uncle to AAA, and my late mother-in-law also had it, but died from bypass complications prior to surgery for the aneurysm. He's made it this far, so let's keep those good thought and bouquets of prayer headed his way.

Auburn Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 06:43 PM   #11
Restless

quote:Originally posted by Gord:

I have a recording of that on CD too , its good.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote