banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 07-08-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
Brenda

I was listening to Gale Garnett's "We'll Sing In The Sunshine" when it came to me that Gord's "Something Very Special" sounds much like it was written about the same love affair from the male point of view.

Anybody?
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:48 AM   #2
Westernstar9

I was listening to Gale Garnett's "We'll Sing In The Sunshine" when it came to me that Gord's "Something Very Special" sounds much like it was written about the same love affair from the male point of view.

Anybody?
Westernstar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Tyler

I had to get out disc one on songbook to remember this one. I learn so much from this site. It does have a similar idea but I think it is very meloncholy as if the male point of view was not as happy as the female in this relationship.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
brink

I had to get out disc one on songbook to remember this one. I learn so much from this site. It does have a similar idea but I think it is very meloncholy as if the male point of view was not as happy as the female in this relationship.
brink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
Borderstone

My mother had a copy of that very song when I was a boy and now it belongs to me. She gave me all of her old records by the way. She currently lives 5 miles down the road from me. Anyway,I've always liked that song. I remeber some other female singer appearing on "The Muppet Show" and singing it with one of the taller,life size muppets. I have to admit when the ad for,"The Folk Years" began to air,it was a real surprise to see the clip of her singing that song on 60's TV! For some reason,I imagined her to be a taller woman with blonde hair. I guess that's a left-over from my kid style imagination! I do think Gord's song is the male equivalent of her song though. Imagine putting all those lyrics together and making one song out of them! I'd buy it. It's been me,catch ya on the flipside of Sundown! (Or Sunshine!)

------------------
Borderstone (Also known as,"The B!")

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited July 08, 2003).]
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote