banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 10-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #26
SherylKat

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

That video reminded me of a trip I took throughout Quebec many years ago - loved Quebec City but you can have the rest of the province! I'll take Ontario any day...

As for our $5 bill being only worth $4 Canadian - well, I'm old enough to remember it being the other way around. These things come and go! In fact, I'm treating this latest downturn as "the sale of the century"! I'm actually buying up as much stock as I can - couldn't afford it any other way, plus, if we're all going to lose our money, I must as well lose it going down fighting! If you don't hear from me for a LONG, LONG time, you'll know that my finances went down the "porcelain throne" and I can't even afford a computer anymore! LOL

I've heard your "onesies" and "twosies" might be joined by a "fivesey"? I would definitely vote against that - tallk about wearing out pockets and wallets!

SherylKat
Old 10-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #27
timetraveler

As for me, our bunch plans on doing things a little differant this year, if me & my mum can get away with it. We plan on making a big dish of lasagna with all the trimmings. That is, IF we can get away with it. Otherwise, we're going to be stuck with the usual turkey, ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, potatoe salad, and assorted other veggies with gravy. Wouldn't you think that my pops would get tired of the same ol' same ol' thing every year?
timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #28
charlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
As for me, our bunch plans on doing things a little differant this year, if me & my mum can get away with it. We plan on making a big dish of lasagna with all the trimmings. That is, IF we can get away with it. Otherwise, we're going to be stuck with the usual turkey, ham, dressing, cranberry sauce, potatoe salad, and assorted other veggies with gravy. Wouldn't you think that my pops would get tired of the same ol' same ol' thing every year?
I've always said I'd be happy with Italian food for any occasion..
what time is dinner..I don't want to be late!
?
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #29
jj

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
Jean Beliveau was 'it' at my house. I met him about 15 years ago and my goodness what a lovely, handsome, gentleman..a true class act as he always was.
my first hockey school was Eaton's Gordie Howe camp...he only came and spoke at the closing banquet but it was Pete Mahovlich (he and Frank's dad used to sharpen skates when we played in Leaside) who worked with us closely and was the most dynamic Hab from my encounters...and a great shorthanded goal back in the '72 series

John Damico, also great at that camp...@ Tam O Shanter - RIP

hey, couldnt agree more about Le Gros Bill...and he still looks fine...my 2 fave collector cards from the early '70s:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60b1_1.JPG
Views:	540
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	2231   Click image for larger version

Name:	6497_1.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2232   Click image for larger version

Name:	61ab_1.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	2233  

Last edited by jj; 10-25-2008 at 11:45 PM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #30
SherylKat

Hi, ii!

Didn't see your 10/10 post until now! Yep, it was a butterfly flop - now, what's the thing about the peanut butter which I know is a joke but I'm not in on it?!? I can guess though...

I was telling Char they have some show now here on DirectTV I guess for kids trying to learn hockey (so if I can remember to look for it, maybe I can get up to speed a little faster here)...first one I saw I told her it was about what WE used to call pineapples (skating backwards) - they called it a something C (this is beginning to sound like I have the onset of Alzheimer's) - how to get more force when you're skating backwards in a hockey game.

And, Char's clued me in on the difference between U.S. and Canadian football - something I can't repeat here but it does have to do with the size of the "pigskin" shall we say? I want a photo of her in the t-shirt she says she has wearing the explanation of the difference!

SherylKat
Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #31
jj

i don't know what the C word/term is...you are supposed to make "half moon" shaped when following through....that could be what the C refers to

....are you watching Peter Puck?

oh, when you shoot or flip the puck into the top of the net (ie. up into the top shelf)...that's where often the peanut butter is kept...maybe it's allegedly kept up there because of all the nut allergies out there...hope that's clear as mud, or at least PB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41ZR5WGWH6L._SS500_.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	2234  

Last edited by jj; 10-26-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #32
SherylKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj View Post
i don't know what the C word/term is...you are supposed to make "half moon" shaped when following through....that could be what the C refers to

YouTube - Peter Puck - How To Play The Game (episode 1)

oh, when you shoot or flip the puck into the top of the net (ie. up into the top shelf)...that's where often the peanut butter is kept...maybe it's allegedly kept up there because of all the nut allergies out there...hope that's clear as mud, or at least PB
Dear ii - Oh, I am still laughing! I LOVE Peter Puck - it must be about my mental level - and here I thought I knew what icing the puck was! WRONG - I thought it was what's really an offside, according to PP! Nope, what I was watching, is something called like Hockey Ranger - I know you'll find this hard to believe, but it was several weeks ago and I'm having trouble remembering the name! I've GOT to get those memory enhancement pills! Hey, on the basketball scene, my Sacramento Kings are playing your Toronto Raptors on December 26 (I think you all celebrate Boxing Day). Since right now, I don't believe both of them are exactly burning up the court, it might make a fun game to go see! (Since those rich rotten Maloofs own the Kings and wanted to stuff their hands in my pockets to build the Kings a new stadium, I have refused and never seen the Kings in person! However, maybe I'll make an exception, wear by Toronto sweatshirt, sit behind the Visitors team, and probably get beaten up! It couldn't cause any more brain damage than I already have!

And yup, you're right about the balls, but Char's t-shirt says something else, too...

Anyway, I'll have to try to find more of Peter Puck's lessons!

SherylKat

P.S. I've never been to Canada in the Winter, only the Summer - always wanted to try curling? Are you a good sweeper?!? LOL
Old 10-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #33
charlene

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/can...html?id=901528

A professor at the Université de Montréal is teaching a course that compares religion to hockey.
Back in the days of Maurice Richard, there were tales of ailing Montreal Canadiens fans who claimed they had been cured by touching his jersey. Today, the young goalie expected to lead the team to playoff glory has been nicknamed Jesus Price. That Montrealers are mad about hockey is no secret, but students at the Université de Montréal will soon be learning that the fervour is religious.

Beginning in January, the university's faculty of theology will begin offering a graduate course titled "The Religion of the Montreal Canadiens." Olivier Bauer, the professor who conceived the course, said that since moving here from Switzerland in 2006, he has been struck by the parallels between Montreal's hockey team and religion. When he saw that the team was about to celebrate its centennial season, he decided the time was right "to finally address the question that nobody dares ask: whether the Montreal Canadiens are a religion," he said.

"Nobody has examined what this really means, all the religious aspects around the Montreal Canadiens. Is it just a metaphor? Is there something deeper? How important is it, and what is the relationship to Quebec's Catholic tradition?"

When he took on the project, not everyone in the faculty was enthusiastic. "At first, people thought it was almost a joke," he said.

Mr. Bauer approached colleagues for contributions to a book on the subject to appear early next year. "Some said yes, others said no. But people made fun of me a little, saying ‘He's not serious. Who is this guy who is interested in hockey?' "

The university offered him a $7,000 grant to help his research and invite a visiting lecturer, but he was advised to tread carefully. "I think the fear was of treating religion with too little respect. Using the word incarnation in the context of a sport, for example, or calling a hockey match a mass, some people might find it insulting."

The doubting Thomases notwithstanding, Mr. Bauer is persuaded that the Canadiens have the characteristics of a religion, beginning with the devotion of their fans. Since news of the course was first reported in Le Devoir, Mr. Bauer has heard from people saying, "Yes, that is me, hockey is my religion." A young woman commenting on Le Devoir's web site said she considers it a sin to miss a Habs game. Last season, when the team was facing elimination in the playoffs, she said she sought to bring the team luck by climbing on her knees the 283 steps to the St. Joseph Oratory.

Mr. Bauer noted that nicknames associated with the team often draw on religion. The jersey is known as the Sainte Flanelle, literally the Holy Flannel. Guy Lafleur was known as the "démon blond" or blond devil, and Patrick Roy was dubbed Saint Patrick. Carey Price, the team's current goalie, was nicknamed Jesus by some last year because Price rhymes with Christ.

Mr. Bauer also sees significance in the motto that adorns the Canadiens' dressing room, taken from the poem In Flanders Fields: "To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high." It is in keeping with the idea of redemption through suffering, and he sees a parallel with Christ on the crucifix. "It's not a club where strength is put forward but rather failing hands," he said. "The [Philadelphia] Flyers sell their team as warriors but not the Canadiens."

That is not to say the Canadiens don't occasionally go into battle. Last Saturday, after a cheap shot by a visiting member of the Phoenix Coyotes knocked Montreal's Andrei Kostitsyn out of the game, the crowd began howling for Georges Laraque, the team enforcer, to settle accounts. Even in an apparent animal reaction, Mr. Bauer spots a religious side.

"Is it Georges Laraque who is sacrificing himself for the others, because he will receive a penalty? Or has he come as the avenging angel with a sword in his hand?" he wondered. "Maybe, symbolically, one is ready to kill or to die for one's club, and for one's hockey team. It remains symbolic, thank God."

The final phase of the 16-week course will challenge students, all of whom are studying to become priests or ministers, to consider the Canadiens in their pastoral duties.

"How do I manage this religious side of the Canadiens if I am a priest or pastor or rabbi?" Mr. Bauer said. "Do I oppose the Canadiens because it is idolatry, or do I try to use what I can because it works well and maybe my church would work better if I could invite [Canadiens stars] Alex Kovalev or Saku Koivu to take part in the mass from time to time?"

National Post

ghamilton@nationalpost.com

The Creed of the Canadiens
National Post
Published: Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Related Topics
Hockey

Professional Hockey

Montreal Canadiens

Clarence Campbell

Story Tools
-+ Change font size

Print this story

E-Mail this story
Share This Story
Facebook

Digg

Stumble Upon

More

Story tools presented by

I believe in the Canadiens, the club almighty

Creator of Heaven, earth and the Holy Flannel

And in Maurice Richard, our Saviour

Who was conceived of sane mind

Born for the good of the homeland

Suffered under Clarence Campbell

Was crucified for a bad decision

That almost killed us

And ascended into Heaven

And is seated at the right hand of the great Referee

From thence he shall come to judge the good players and the cowards

I believe in the Holy NHL,

The Communion of old Canadiens heroes

The forgiveness of years without the Stanley Cup

The resurrection during the next playoffs

And glory everlasting.

Amen.

- Pierre Castonguay, responding Oct. 14 to an article in Le Devoir about Professor Bauer's course on the religion of the Montreal Canadiens.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #34
charlene

[QUOTE=SherylKat;144626]

And yup, you're right about the balls, but Char's t-shirt says something else, too...

QUOTE]

OUR BALLS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS

An attempt by the Canadian Football League to create a winning advertising catchphrase for themselves - they may never live it down. It has its basis in fact: CFL players have bigger balls than Americans. No, wait. The football used is closer to the game's rugby roots than is the one used in American football - it's rounder and slightly larger; it helps the kicking game, which has a larger role than it does in the US. You may now extract your minds from the gutter.

http://cfl.scout.com/2/694314.html
Top 10 Reasons to Give the CFL a Try

1. It's football. Enough said.

2. It's football, with a twist. Don't like fair catches? Like to see a ton of passing? Wide open special teams? Ever wondered what happened to X player from X school? Chances are, if they're not in the NFL at this moment, they could be holding down a job in the CFL.

3. Their Balls are Bigger. Maybe not at this point, as the ball has evolved into one very similar to the NFL's size, but for many years, it was bigger than the NFL's. The league used the tagline "Our Balls are Bigger" as a marketing pitch in the late 90's, to attract the younger generation of fans.

4. The money isn't that big. No player makes a million a season. Top quarterbacks have just now hit the $500,000 mark, and most players make around $100,000 or less. It's truly a league where players play for the love of the game.

5. You may be seeing the next NFL star. What do Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Joe Theismann, and Joe Horn have in common? They all got their big break playing in the CFL. Kenton Keith's big game for the Colts in week 5? Not a fluke. His talent may well have gone undiscovered without the CFL and his four years of service there.

6. They introduced us to black quarterbacks long before the NFL was comfortable with them. The league was starting players such as Chuck Ealey, Condredge Holloway, J.C. Watts, and, of course, Warren Moon, before the NFL became truly comfortable with the notion of a black quarterback.

7. It's more accessible than ever. Fox Sports Net has a few affiliates that cover games, as well as Comcast. Most weeks, you can get 3 of their 4 games, unless you're hooked to VOOM HD, where you'd get Friday Night Football as well.

8. The regular season starts in June. June football? I'm there.

9. With 8 teams, it's small enough to follow completely without much effort. With 18 games per season, rivalries can get nasty in a hurry. The NFL has nothing like the Labour Day Classic weekend, where 3 major rivalries are slated to play every season. The next weekend is a rematch at the other guy's place. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

10. The Grey Cup is older than the NFL. Something with that much tradition is worthy of respect. Also, it's an awesome excuse to party. They don't call it the "Grand National Drunk" for nothing.

Need any more reasons? How about the virtual guarantee for bad weather games late in the season, a playoff system that provides 6 of 8 teams a chance to hold the Grey Cup each season, and yes, they have cheerleaders too.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #35
SherylKat

[quote=charlene;144632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylKat View Post

QUOTE]

OUR BALLS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS

An attempt by the Canadian Football League to create a winning advertising catchphrase for themselves - they may never live it down. It has its basis in fact: CFL players have bigger balls than Americans. No, wait. The football used is closer to the game's rugby roots than is the one used in American football - it's rounder and slightly larger; it helps the kicking game, which has a larger role than it does in the US. You may now extract your minds from the gutter.

http://cfl.scout.com/2/694314.html
Top 10 Reasons to Give the CFL a Try

1. It's football. Enough said.

2. It's football, with a twist. Don't like fair catches? Like to see a ton of passing? Wide open special teams? Ever wondered what happened to X player from X school? Chances are, if they're not in the NFL at this moment, they could be holding down a job in the CFL.

3. Their Balls are Bigger. Maybe not at this point, as the ball has evolved into one very similar to the NFL's size, but for many years, it was bigger than the NFL's. The league used the tagline "Our Balls are Bigger" as a marketing pitch in the late 90's, to attract the younger generation of fans.

4. The money isn't that big. No player makes a million a season. Top quarterbacks have just now hit the $500,000 mark, and most players make around $100,000 or less. It's truly a league where players play for the love of the game.

5. You may be seeing the next NFL star. What do Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, Joe Theismann, and Joe Horn have in common? They all got their big break playing in the CFL. Kenton Keith's big game for the Colts in week 5? Not a fluke. His talent may well have gone undiscovered without the CFL and his four years of service there.

6. They introduced us to black quarterbacks long before the NFL was comfortable with them. The league was starting players such as Chuck Ealey, Condredge Holloway, J.C. Watts, and, of course, Warren Moon, before the NFL became truly comfortable with the notion of a black quarterback.

7. It's more accessible than ever. Fox Sports Net has a few affiliates that cover games, as well as Comcast. Most weeks, you can get 3 of their 4 games, unless you're hooked to VOOM HD, where you'd get Friday Night Football as well.

8. The regular season starts in June. June football? I'm there.

9. With 8 teams, it's small enough to follow completely without much effort. With 18 games per season, rivalries can get nasty in a hurry. The NFL has nothing like the Labour Day Classic weekend, where 3 major rivalries are slated to play every season. The next weekend is a rematch at the other guy's place. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

10. The Grey Cup is older than the NFL. Something with that much tradition is worthy of respect. Also, it's an awesome excuse to party. They don't call it the "Grand National Drunk" for nothing.

Need any more reasons? How about the virtual guarantee for bad weather games late in the season, a playoff system that provides 6 of 8 teams a chance to hold the Grey Cup each season, and yes, they have cheerleaders too.

I'll take No. 4 - it's RIDICULOUS how much our players are paid (and what they get away with, starting in college, not having to crack a book just because they can throw -- or catch -- a ball), to the point that most of us can't afford to go to a live game! No. 10 comes in a close second! I sure hope the Super Bowl has an interesting match-up this year! We're foregoing our Christmas Party at work for a Super Bowl party (I think it's a great idea - too many people have too much to do at Christmas to party down...)

Sheryl
Old 10-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #36
timetraveler

Quote:
I've always said I'd be happy with Italian food for any occasion..
what time is dinner..I don't want to be late!
?
As long as you're here by noon, or shortly thereafter. And if you like, you can even eat in your PJ's when it's all ready. Around our place, we're not fancy or very formal. If you ask me, it takes all the fun out of being with family & friends when you get too fancy.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #37
charlene

sounds awfully tempting!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #38
SherylKat

Quote:

YouTube - Peter Puck - How To Play The Game (episode 1)

Hey, just googled Peter Puck on the 'Net and there are fan clubs and t-shirts, and discussion groups and all KINDS of videos and DVDs, etc.! So glad you told me about PP! Gotta get the t-shirt! LOL

SherylKat
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #39
jj

cool, sheryl...you can see it's pretty ancient, retro cartooning

I used to look forward to each HNIC Saturday night's fresh new episode when I was a youngen...as char can tell you, they show it on the Leaf channel when they replay old games, from happier Leaf days, lol

i think Fox also showed some episodes when they were televising (before taken off the air to not just low, but NO ratings, lol) ...they had tried to make hockey TV into a video game by adding a orange tail to the puck to make it easier for viewers to follow the puck's whereabouts...i think it only led to enhanced viewer drinking (the Canadian audience anyhow) as a means to cope with the confusion

hey, neat CFL list, char...less than 10 teams and we can't get in
...atleast the Argos are giving Leafs some competition!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #40
charlene

Peter Puck and Elmer The Safety Elephant..
lol
oh my..gotta love it..
Brian MacFarlane thought up Peter Puck, wrote books about hockey-class guy and great on air personality for Canadian hockey..
Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #41
Jesse Joe

Hey dont forget "Ed The Sock !"

Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #42
Jesse Joe

Quote:
my first hockey school was Eaton's Gordie Howe camp...he only came and spoke at the closing banquet but it was Pete Mahovlich (he and Frank's dad used to sharpen skates when we played in Leaside) who worked with us closely and was the most dynamic Hab from my encounters...and a great shorthanded goal back in the '72 series

John Damico, also great at that camp...@ Tam O Shanter - RIP

hey, couldnt agree more about Le Gros Bill...and he still looks fine...my 2 fave collector cards from the early '70s:

Hold on to those hockey cards you may have $$$$ there. Mine are all gone in bicycle spokes, to get a engine sound... Clumsyyyy !!!

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 10-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #43
SherylKat

Quote:
lol
oh my..gotta love it..
Brian MacFarlane thought up Peter Puck, wrote books about hockey-class guy and great on air personality for Canadian hockey..
Char: Don't know about and haven't "googled" Elmer the Safety Elephant HOWEVER, I AM stirring up interest at my office re Peter Puck, and re Jesse Joe, I'll have to google "Ed the Sock" - I'm dying to hear what he has to say.

Didn't know that Peter Puck was a Hanna Barbera invention...

SherylKat (yup, we're real busy today...)
Old 10-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #44
charlene

McFarlane is often incorrectly cited as the creator of the cartoon character Peter Puck. The cartoon puck, which appeared on both NBC's Hockey Game of the Week and CBC's Hockey Night in Canada during the 1970s, was actually the creation of NBC executive Donald Carswell.
After the network stopped carrying NHL hockey, McFarlane purchased the rights to Peter Puck from NBC's production partner, Hanna-Barbera.

Brian McFarlane is the son of the prolific writer Leslie McFarlane who wrote many of the early Hardy Boys books.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #45
SherylKat

Quote:

I used to look forward to each HNIC Saturday night's fresh new episode when I was a youngen...as char can tell you, they show it on the Leaf channel when they replay old games, from happier Leaf days, lol

i think Fox also showed some episodes when they were televising (before taken off the air to not just low, but NO ratings, lol) ...they had tried to make hockey TV into a video game by adding a orange tail to the puck to make it easier for viewers to follow the puck's whereabouts...i think it only led to enhanced viewer drinking (the Canadian audience anyhow) as a means to cope with the confusion

HI! First of all, I'm SO embarrassed about getting your name wrong and calling you "ii" instead of "jj"...

You made me so laugh about the orange tail being added to the hockey puck! - I can understand that it must have caused such consternation that it might have resulted in increased alcoholic consumption, though...you might find this DIFFICULT to believe, but I've raised a few glasses myself for less reason - and Good Lord, we're talking about "Canadian Religion"!!!

"What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick" I just heard that on tv...reminded me of a few hockey moms I saw "in action" in 1972 or so (sorry, whatever the equivalent of Little League is for hockey, actually here in Sacramento, if you can believe that - a real hotbed of the sport). When those hockey moms "disputed" a ref's call, well, all I can say is, I think I would have preferred to take on the pit bull!

Cheers!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #46
SherylKat

Quote:

Hi again, also, maybe we should create a new thread - we're long past your T'giving! LOL I see you're from Ontario but does that mean you're a Raptor fan? I've told Char our Sacramento Kings are in the total toilet - they're going to be playing the Raptors on December 26 - I heard tonight on the radio coming home we were like 28 and 34 last year! I think the Raptors aren't exactly at the height of their game, either, so hey, I might go to the game and wear my Toronto sweatshirt (and hopefully note get beaten up!) - it might turn out to be one heck of a game! I actually like it when it's not just go up the court and score, go down the court and score...that's when I turn in the last three to five minutes to see who won and that's about it. I don't know about you guys, but when I was learning basketball, there was this thing called TRAVELING - why don't they ever call that? Course, we didn't have three-point shots, either! Later, jj!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #47
SherylKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post
Hey dont forget "Ed The Sock !"

Jesse Joe! I told Char yesterday I didn't have time to scope this little sucker out until later on in the evening and I could hear her kind of chuckle; and I hope if you're reading this Char, you agree with my paraphrasing of what you replied, which was something to the effect that Joe ("JTS") wasn't exactly like Peter Puck! Jesse Joe, are you the same kind person who helped me with a post that took me about six boxes to fix, until you assisted me so kindly? Are you the Jesse Joe that posted that kind thing about the pets? Hmmm?

Char was right - Ed's not Peter! However, maybe I should give you the benefit of the sock and propose that just because you POSTED this doesn't mean you LIKED "ETS"! Have a good day, you saucy Canadian! SherylKat
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #48
SherylKat

Default Elmer

Quote:
lol
oh my..gotta love it..

Good Morning, Char! For you to walk down memory lane!

http://www.elmer.ca/home.php

Didn't get TOO into it but it kind of reminds me of Barney (who I didn't get TOO into, either!) LOL - Sheryl
Old 10-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #49
Jesse Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylKat View Post
Jesse Joe! I told Char yesterday I didn't have time to scope this little sucker out until later on in the evening and I could hear her kind of chuckle; and I hope if you're reading this Char, you agree with my paraphrasing of what you replied, which was something to the effect that Joe ("JTS") wasn't exactly like Peter Puck! Jesse Joe, are you the same kind person who helped me with a post that took me about six boxes to fix, until you assisted me so kindly? Are you the Jesse Joe that posted that kind thing about the pets? Hmmm?

Char was right - Ed's not Peter! However, maybe I should give you the benefit of the sock and propose that just because you POSTED this doesn't mean you LIKED "ETS"! Have a good day, you saucy Canadian! SherylKat

Hey Sheryl,

Of course it was me. As far I know there is just one Jesse Joe on this board, and believe me, one is enough !

That kind thing about the pets on testforum, yes that was my post also.

"ETS" was not too friendly of a character even if he was just a sock !!! from what I remember of that show. But he did make me laugh somtimes.

He has nothing to do w/ Peter Puck !!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #50
timetraveler

We FINALLY settled on what we're having for Thanksgiving. Lasagna, fried potatoes & pinto beans, cornbread, tossed salad, sweet potatoes, and cheesecake pie. We might add a couple of other items later.