banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Default James Taylor in Melbourne 8Feb2017

One day after buying a ticket to Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull's Apr2017 Melbourne concert, I heard another of my music heroes is coming in February. James Taylor is performing at Rod Laver Arena, home of the Australian Open tennis. I got tickets in the lower section, about 20 metres from the stage. My sister rediscovered his music recently and is attending a James Taylor concert for the first time.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
paskatefan

Default Re: James Taylor in Melbourne 8Feb2017

Cool! We have similar taste in music - Jethro Tull & JT!

Gail
paskatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #3
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Got home from the James Taylor concert not long ago. Another great performance by James and the band in front of a full house of 15,000 appreciative fans. The songs in order were: Wandering, Secret O' Life, Everyday, Walking Man, Today Today Today, Country Road, Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight, Copperline, Carolina In My Mind, Gotta Stop Thinking 'Bout That, Before This World (instrumental intro only)/Sweet Baby James, Shed A Little Light (followed by intermission), Yellow And Rose (the only song he has written about Australia), Up On The Roof, You've Got A Friend (including the adapted lyric "everyone here in Melbourne tonight"), Montana, Shower The People, Fire And Rain, Steamroller (including the adapted lyric "on the banks of the Yarra"), Mexico, Your Smiling Face, Knock On Wood (first encore), How Sweet It Is, You And I Again.

And I only have to wait until Apr13 to see another of my favourites, Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, perform in my home town.
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
charlene

sounds wonderful-!! I saw him at Massey Hall about 20 years ago and he was so funny and what a consummate showman!! ..as with Gordon he surrounds himself with excellence onstage..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote