banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #26
charlene

I'm printing that out right now Val....I'll let Lisa know too.. She usually is pretty savvy about that stuff but she wasn't having a good day yesterday...overwhelmed with college stuff....when I show her she'll probably know it right off.
image editing programme = picture shop or some such thing!!!
who woulda thunk it?
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #27
charlene

I'm printing that out right now Val....I'll let Lisa know too.. She usually is pretty savvy about that stuff but she wasn't having a good day yesterday...overwhelmed with college stuff....when I show her she'll probably know it right off.
image editing programme = picture shop or some such thing!!!
who woulda thunk it?
lol
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #28
brink-

OK now for the real mystery.
I have repeatedly said that no image ever apperared when I downloaded the word document.
On a whim I have now saved the document as it was appearing "as a web page" and was very surprised to find in the saved folder called
UFT-Clubnew[1][1]_files
a pair of jpegs

it was magic from me John.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:10 PM   #29
Victoria

Hey John..read your process. The image of Nancy Anderson's painting/pastel was, indeed, photographed by me with my Olympus 7.1 digital camera, a lovely little toy, I must say, at that. My niece, Michelle, then put the poster together for me in power point, fyi. And that is how it was saved and then forwarded to the gracious ladies, Brink and Char.The first poster posted here with the image intact was from an email I sent to Char this morning containing a jpeg photo I'd just taken. Cheers, y'all!
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:15 PM   #30
Borderstone

Wont make the show obviously but I like the idea of it and would love to have that poster for my wall!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #31
Victoria

Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria:
Hello Lightfoot Lovers! "5 Artists" is/are having an Art Exhibit in Toronto at the University of Toronto Faculty Club Pub entitled "If You Could Read My Mind - An Ode to Gordon Lightfoot" from October 3/06 to November 13/06, with an opening reception (open to the public)Wednesday October 4/06, 6:30 to 9:30pm, at
41 Willcocks St., Toronto,416 978-6325. Free snacks and cash bar. We five artists have interpreted our love of Gordon's music, lyrics and life visually in about 20ish original paintings, pastels, etc. and we would very much appreciate you dropping by to check out the show. We are members of http://www.yorkartistsguild.ca/index.html
Old 09-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #32
Victoria

Quote:
Hello Lightfoot Lovers! "5 Artists" is/are having an Art Exhibit in Toronto at the University of Toronto Faculty Club Pub entitled "If You Could Read My Mind - An Ode to Gordon Lightfoot" from October 3/06 to November 13/06, with an opening reception (open to the public)Wednesday October 4/06, 6:30 to 9:30pm, at
41 Willcocks St., Toronto,416 978-6325. Free snacks and cash bar. We five artists have interpreted our love of Gordon's music, lyrics and life visually in about 20ish original paintings, pastels, etc. and we would very much appreciate you dropping by to check out the show. We are members of http://www.yorkartistsguild.ca/index.html
Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #33
Victoria

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by charlene:
Victoria has graciously run out into her yard this morning and shot this photo of the poster. It is by Nancy Anderson who 'has a real passion for Lightfoot'.
The poster states that the show ends October 31 but it is now ending on November 13, 2006.
After checking the website and looking at the art work of many of the artists I am really looking forward to this show and their "Ode to Gordon Lightfoot"

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #34
Victoria

Just a reminder that we'd love to have Lightfoot fans drop by and check out the art show running from October 3 - November 20/06 (info on the poster) see you there!