banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
Hangdog

Default This changes everything.

I have to start a new thread for this. Its just too important to me.

Yes I really like Lightfoot music. Well, I guess most of the people who read this do.

Yes I have all the albums. Sometimes twice over cause I lost or lent them out.
Yes I learned what little guitar I know from purchasing every music book.
Yes I went to see him perform ...but not as often as I should have..both past and present.

BUT oh my god.... BUT

This latest recovered video of Gord in his PRIME is unquestionable the most dramatic and beautiful and clear and fantastic and and and...it mesmerizes me.

I almost have forgotten how his voice would fill every once of space in a hall. OMG...and Red...are there any words that can be found that describe what i feel when i listen to his playing.

This is the best the current world, the present day world, has of seeing first hand just how incredible this man's songs and musical talent was in his PRIME! This beats the Reno DVD by a factor of 1000!

I am watching this video... and again and again.
It has just hit 'reset' on my long 40 years as a fan. I am right back at the beginning again.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
Hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
RM

Default Re: This changes everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
I dunno....it's a wonderful reminder of the time period I became a fan and a validation of one of the few good choices I made as a youth. But today is today.
RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Lisa J

Send a message via AIM to Lisa J

i am equally mesmerized by this beautiful video. I am reminded of why this man took over the core of my being. that sounds corny, but the reality is, when i watch this video, feelings of peace come from deep inside my soul and melt through my body. this video is to be watched. Gordon's face shows all the emotions that I feel when I watch him sing. I can't say that the video changes anything for me, it just reminds me of why I fell in love with this man and why I love him still.

Last edited by Lisa J; 03-10-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Hangdog

Lisa J.... So someone else was moved...I'm not crazy.

I think the clearest thing for me was ...I'd just forgotten. CDs are great...but seeing him do it. I'd just forgotten.
Hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
jj

You will dig this thread of others raving over the video
http://www.corfid.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=23431

The last time I was stoked over early Gord was seeing stockfish red and Gord plus his Parents in Telescope 68

Someday it would be great to see the 68 concert video you got from Red (THAT would change everything for me....whatever that means, lol)

Cheers and goodluck this weekend
jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #6
Lisa J

Send a message via AIM to Lisa J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Lisa J.... So someone else was moved...I'm not crazy.

I think the clearest thing for me was ...I'd just forgotten. CDs are great...but seeing him do it. I'd just forgotten.

haha, not crazy, unless we both are. I wish i had seen him in concert in his prime. I didn't see him until the later stages of his prime, right before he stopped drinking. still great, but not this incredible. my goodness but that serene face and the perfection of his voice will keep me joyously at peace for the rest of my life.
Of course, for me, (dare I say...) there is also the fact that the man was incredibly easy on the eyes! that never hurts.
Lisa J is offline   Reply With Quote