banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
BlueDaffodil

Default My Love For You

Hello, long time listener first time poster.
I won't prevaricate about the bush, this message is in reference to Gordon's song featured in the 1982 film, "Harry Tracy Desperado"
To my knowledge this was never released as a soundtrack or single.
Does anyone have more information, or possibly knows where I could purchase/download it?

Thank you
BlueDaffodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
KHester

Default Re: My Love For You

Like many of us you have joined the search party for "My Love for YOU"
You are correct in your thoughts about the only place it has shown up is the movie,

Here is a little info..

this is taken from Wayne Francis Site (Lightfoot.ca)
Red & Les Trio

Lightfoot met Red Shea in 1960 while they both worked on the CBC country series, Country Hoedown, Lightfoot as a member of the Singin' Swingin' Eight and Shea as a member of the Red & Les Trio. The trio was made up of Red, his brother Les and bassist Bill Gibbs.

It's been speculated that Red Shea may in fact have been "Les Pouliot" who wrote "My Love For You" which Lightfoot recorded in 1980 for the Harry Tracy soundtrack. It seems much more likely to me that Les Pouliot was in fact Red's brother, the "Les" from the Red & Les Trio.

Lightfoot recorded other Les Pouliot songs including "Sweet Polly" (the B-side of the Two Tones' first and only single) "We Come Here To Sing" and "Summer Love" while also with the Two Tones and "Negotiations" after he went solo, the subsequent recording eventually turning up on the 1971 Chateau release, Early Lightfoot. The timing of Lightfoot coming across these early Pouliot tunes and using them, coincides perfectly with their working together on "Hoedown" in the early 60's. Pouliot's name continued to be connected with the series that evolved from Country Hoedown, The Tommy Hunter Show which ran until the early 1990's. After Red left GL's band he too eventually wound up in Tommy Hunter's TV band until the series ended.

Lightfoot himself appeared on Hunter's show in the fall of 1981 performing "Shadows" and "Old Dan's Records", the latter being dedicated to Red Shea who was recovering from an illness at the time.

Kevin
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Borderstone

Default Re: My Love For You

Hey Blue Daffodil,Borderstone here. Well,the best way to get "My Love For You" is to get the Harry Tracy movie on DVD or an old VHS.

It came out on DVD 5 years ago and naturally,I bought it then.

The only other way to get the song is bootlegs or maybe somewhere online at a music site that has downloads but most of them have never really heard of Gordon. If they have,they usually just carry the obvious "hits".

Good luck,I love that song too.

Tags
harry tracy, my love, soundtrack