banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > Small Talk

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #101
Major Surgery Pending

quote:Originally posted by MajorSirJerryPending:
Bush is not a bad president. He's a thumping good one if you ask me.

I am the one and only Major. You are welcome to the name chum. You obviously have no imagination. If that is your real email address I will eat my entire GL collection, vinyl & CD.

You TOSSER

Old 02-04-2004, 01:10 PM   #102
MajorSirJerryPending

Send a message via ICQ to MajorSirJerryPending

quote:Originally posted by Major Surgery Pending:
I am the one and only Major. You are welcome to the name chum. You obviously have no imagination. If that is your real email address I will eat my entire GL collection, vinyl & CD.

You TOSSER

Screw your ass, punk
Old 02-04-2004, 01:33 PM   #103
MajorSirJerryPendinng

Your under arrest.

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!! I'm the worst damn major you ever saw!!!!

Old 02-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #104
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Waltzing Walter:
All I can say about that picture is,"LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUMBLLLLE!"

It's over now, and I'm glad. I still can't get into any of the games. It's the wretched school computers. There ain't a cussword out there to describe these filtering policies.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:52 PM   #105
Georgie

Hello. This is your President. I was webb surrfing and I fownd this sight and this tahpic.

I never noo that my Presi-dense-y was that fun-knee. Ya know,I wood knott admit this in the open me-dya but I think (not always but just at this moment) I can here.

I'm gonna lose my job,BIG TIME! I scared!

Even if I do win,my con-stitch-chew-ants will be made up of hate-full pred-jew-dessed people! Even the 9/11 people are mad at me. Ya know the fyre-fyters!

I don't de-serve this job! I'm going to resign! I can't live this lie any-mower! Sew long my fellow Ameriocans!

Old 03-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #106
classicmixdj

318.9 on the hop (Penquin Power)

357 MPH (Monkey Spankin' Time)

We interupt this thread for a track from Gordon Lightfoot. Now, here's "The House You Live In" were it's more Lightfoot and less talk.

[This message has been edited by classicmixdj (edited March 25, 2004).]
Old 05-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #107
MajorSirJerryPending

Send a message via ICQ to MajorSirJerryPending

quote:Originally posted by Major Surgery Pending:

You TOSSER

Munch munch...
Old 05-14-2004, 11:39 PM   #108
Borderstone

Will somebody please put a padlock on this topic? People keep breaking in here!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #109
Doug Letcher

Wow.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #110
Borderstone

Wow? How? Now? Brown? Cow?

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone
Old 05-17-2004, 07:08 AM   #111
DMD3

quote:Originally posted by Borderstone:
Will somebody please put a padlock on this topic? People keep breaking in here!

What would Florian think of this topic??

Old 05-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #112
Doug Letcher

quote:Originally posted by Restless:
I ADORE my President and I am PROUD to be an American under his courageous leadership! "Our GREATEST responsibility is the ACTIVE defense of the American people." Precisely. "America has always been willing to do what it takes for what is right." Of which other nation can we say that? Canada? "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country." God bless you, Mr. Bush! "We understand our special calling: this great republic will lead the cause of freedom." Amen!

I'm grateful that Lightfoot is, in public, politically silent (except for an early song or two). If he were to voice any opinions severely toward the left, you'd find my entire Gordy collection for sale on eBay! Probably Lightfoot is too humble to have fallen into the common trap of equating fame with importance. May the focus be always on his music!

And what if Mr. Lightfoot didn't agree with your outlook on all things political? Maybe
after hearing your views he would wish you would stay politically silent, as I do. And as for Canada, I am dissapointed in my former leader's decision not to provide support in this war, however, there are many
educated people around the globe that understand Canada's role in the defence of freedom. WW1, we were there, WW2, yup, there too, and as for the people of Holland, they were mighty glad we were there. And as for peace keeping, very few countries dedicate the time, resources, and money that Canada does. The list goes on. I cried along with you when the planes
hit the towers, why, because I love the U.S.A as much as I love Canada. I feel however that Mr. Bush has made some hasty decisions. Those cowards must pay for what they did, and hopefully your new leader if the world is fortunate enough to see a new American leader, will get the job done more efficiantly, and with more of the globe's support.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:16 AM   #113
Borderstone

Restless,I'm a registered Democrat but that doesn't mean I look down my nose at others just because their opinions are different than mine. I don't know if you have kids Restless but what if they decided to vote or think "left" when they grew up? You going to stop talking to them? Disown them? Force them to think "your" way?

You know,saying you'd "chuck" all of GL's music if he came out with a leftist opinion makes you a hypocrite. In case you hadn't noticed,even though he's from Canada,his songs could be thought of already to the so called "left". He sings about nature(environmental issue)/the indifference or cruelty of people (human rights or relations)/he sings songs children can relate to "If Children Had Wings" (hope for a peaceful future for them)/"Protocol" "Drink Yer Glasses Empty" (Anti-War?) Dang!! Sounds quite leftist to me!!! You better toss....no!..Burn your LP's CD's Cassettes or whatever! NOW!!!! Hmmm,burning things that include someone's freedom to express themselves,remind you,Restless,of a German dictator from a little over 60 years ago? Nein?

Believe it or not,I used to be a Republican but I was younger then and thought they had a better idea what they were doing. I've come to realize that no one has all the answers and anyone who works in high Government,no mattter how well educated or experienced (or lack thereof),can only do what we all do everyday,the best possible job they can.

One last thing,no one in this country or the world has all the answers. Wheather as individuals or as part of some group that believes they do. Life is way too short to worry about right thinking or thinking left. What we need to worry about is the simple common sense thinking,that is,right or wrong!
...and let me ask you,are you on this site because you like Gordon Lightfoot or is just an excuse you use to rub people the wrong way? Because you seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Been me,I'm out! (Vote your concience but vote educated!)

------------------
"A knight of the road,going back to a place where he might get warm." - Borderstone

[This message has been edited by Borderstone (edited May 25, 2004).]
Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #114
TheWatchman

Borderstone, put the crack pipe down please. I'm telling you, smoke cigarettes, they're better for you and will toughen you up a bit.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:06 AM   #115
Borderstone

Actually this all comes from the sugar rush of M & M's! No thanks Watchman,if I want lung cancer I'll go breathe car fumes by the freeway!

------------------
Old 05-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #116
DMD3

You know, a person who smokes rock is called a stoner. And a stoner who likes Lightfoot is a Borderstoner, or better yet, a Borderstone!

If my parents find out he smokes rock, they won't let me back on this site!!!

Dont get so angryangryangry!

Old 06-03-2004, 07:14 PM   #117
Borderstone

What's wrong with smoking rocks???

Doesn't everyone like an outdoor Bar-B-Que??

Speakin of barbeques.......has Bush's goose been declared officially cooked yet???!!!

------------------
Old 06-29-2004, 12:59 PM   #118
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles

quote:Originally posted by Cathy:
For those of you who are getting a little hot under the collar, here's something to relieve your stress.
http://www.hate-crew.com/ordner/pinguin.swf

Click once to activate Yeti's bat and to drop the penguin. Click again to swing the bat.

My highest score was 346.2
Who can beat that???

Cathy http://www.cathycowette.com

And here's one for Jenney
After the original penguin bashing try your hand at the Flamingo Drive http://www.yetisports.org/englisch/playonline.html#
scroll down to number 5 and click on this picture there:-

PART 5 FLAMINGO DRIVE

The Yetisports World Tour 2004 comes to Afrika. With the help of flamingos, Yeti undertakes a absolute funny and incredible amusing safari in the African savanna. Underneath giraffes, over elephants and acacias, catapulted high up to the sky by snakes and carried by vultures, the penguin demonstrates clean flying tricks on advanced level.
I It will take a while to load up then get bashing again

------------------
My Gordon Lightfoot webring
starts at
http://www.johnfowles.org.uk/lightfoot

[This message has been edited by johnfowles (edited June 29, 2004).]
Old 06-30-2004, 02:03 AM   #119
Borderstone

Bush probably went and saw Farenheit 911 and remarked,"I just love those Hobbitt's! (after seeing himself onscreen.)

------------------
Old 07-03-2004, 03:11 AM   #120
IQ

the end the end the end the end the end the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2004, 11:52 PM   #121
?!Gordon footLight!?

Send a message via ICQ to ?!Gordon footLight!?

Why are all of you so pissed about politics? Everyone on here is so 'old' and past their primes it should not matter... just like Bush. He needs to retire before he collapses of being "old", just like the rest of you.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:27 AM   #122
joveski

duncan, stop bringing this topic back up to the top.. it dosnt belong here.

i'm sure the moderators can delete it if they want
Old 07-25-2004, 09:15 PM   #123
stationmaster

Quick! We have found WMP's in Iraq.

"Wells of Mass Production"

[This message has been edited by stationmaster (edited July 25, 2004).]
Old 07-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #124
LSH

why did I come in here? again?
YAWN
Old 07-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #125
TheWatchman

Duncan, stop bringing this stupid thread back up. Listen to Joveski when he addresses you boy.
Closed Thread