banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #51
SherylKat

Default Re: Peewee Charles

Hi, Char! He e-mailed me this morning but didn't give particulars as to when it would air. I didn't realize that perhaps your CMT and my CMT are one and the same - I don't watch that channel very much. I thought maybe he was referring to a Canadian tv show that's known by those initials. He said the taping went really well and he'd get back to me soon, so when he does, I'll try to get more particulars, okay?

SherylKat
Old 09-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #52
charlene

CMT here is different than CMT down there.. if he taped in the Canadian west then it probably won't be seen where you are.. I've got Lisa watching for it. She loves George Canyon..
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #53
Jesse Joe

Please let us know when it is supposed to aired Sherylkat, I would be pleased to see this. If I understand correctly PeeWee is now in George Canyons Band ???

And Char stop using Lisa as your (TV Guide) her eyes will cross... lol ! just kidding

Same as last year you had her do the shoveling while Mom took the pics... lol All in good fun CHar.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #54
SherylKat

Mornin', Char - he was taping it in Toronto, I believe. I've told you we do get a lot of Canadian programmes here, but it might take awhile. I'll definitely try to find out, maybe early next week! It's a very busy, albeit very happy, time for him, what with his "new" granddaughter, other family business, and all the touring! I would assume that this taping would probably take at least a month to be ready for television. I might try going on to the CMT website to see what I can find...

Sheryl
Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #55
SherylKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Joe View Post
Please let us know when it is supposed to aired Sherylkat, I would be pleased to see this. If I understand correctly PeeWee is now in George Canyons Band ???

And Char stop using Lisa as your (TV Guide) her eyes will cross... lol ! just kidding

Same as last year you had her do the shoveling while Mom took the pics... lol All in good fun CHar.

JESSE J! Hey, aren't you proud of me? I've now done TWO replies now without screwing them up!

It's my impression that Pee Wee's not an official member of the Band yet, but I will tell him that his audience awaits answers. I've heard from Char and Lisa that George Canyon is a good singer and very cute, so I'll definitely have to check him out more! LOL If you go onto his MySpace website, he has pics of gigs in Alberta and other gigs with other bands, as well as some pics of him at home. I'll have to check that site out, too - he might have posted some comments about the CMT show. I'll do a little surfing tonight to see what I can see - SherylKat
Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #56
Jesse Joe

Yes SherylKat Im very proud of you, your coming along just great... George Canyon is from this neck of the wood. A Maritimer, as far as cute, I think that Feist who was born in Ahmerst NS, now that's cute...

George Canyon !

Feist !

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 09-25-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #57
charlene

Geoge is adorable..from Pictou County, Nova Scotia (Like Dave Gunning) His MySpace says PeeWee is in the band:
http://www.myspace.com/georgecanyon

Lisa is resting up for more snow shoveling..
Old 09-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #58
Jesse Joe

lol Have you got a whip you !!!

No need to shovel down here today it feels like July, it's been like this all week. Fall in NB is something picturesque. The leaves have not change color yet. I think SherylKat has seen New-Brunswick in the fall ?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #59
geodeticman.5

Jesse Joe, I'd go though Heaven and Hell both to see New Brunswick in the autumn. So they (leaves) have not changed yet, huh ? Boy I'd sure love to see 'em.

And last time I "talked" to Peewee in myspace, he was vacillating on the George Canyon thing, is he solid on it now ? More power to him ! He does deserve it. He was reticent at the time I exchanged space-mails with him on joining-up with George Canyon only because of the security of the 15 -odd yr. corporate job....security.... but if touring and playing is in his blood still...there is no use fighting it

SherylKat - I know I have talked to you here and there in posts, but since you are relatively new - July is it ? - A belated welcome ! - and you've played the lyrics game, too, havn't you, the lyrics quiz thread ? - maybe thats where I remember posting to you from ... - I'm sure I've posted back and forth a few times with you; just can't place it.. - and as Jesse Joe says - yes, you're doing just great ! I go back farther than my name shows - I had an absence in corfid, returned after about a year, but I really started about in 2006 or so.

Good bunch of folk , huh ? Are you close enough to the ocean, without specifics, ( I like geographic anonymity, too - hence my geo locale shown ) - anyway, r u close enough that you enjoy some coastal- temperate weather despite Northern Latitudes in Cal ? Or are you more "inland" - just generalities, they are always of interest to me in my line of work that has to do with that. I won't bore you with THAT, though !

Thats my 3-bits

- today's wisdom overheard: "Watch out for the man who can give change for a 9 dollar bill in threes" & my own revelation today - "my fall goeth before my Pride !" lol

later everybody

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 09-26-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: something in my keyboard is "returning" & posting 2 soon
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #60
geodeticman.5

SheryKat - Holy Cr** I'm losin my braincells.....now I know why I know your name so well, jeeez I can't believe I forgot the Arbourite PM's exchanged on the formica-like countertop=company we mildly debated over origins of- in fun, versus the go for the jugular level of debate in in a site I have been visiting; that "forensic debate site" called "BrainSpill" too many times. I think the 'forensic' part of forensic debate which means supposedly 'scholarly arguing' "pffffffft" - simply means someone gets so bored sh**less they die of boredom, and must be forensically examined because the County Coroner is a Brainspill member too, and he/she must over-analyze the situation...looking for criminal arguing and terminal brain-dead state - you know - like elected officials

The reason I am posting again is my brain-dead cranial pan completely omitted from fast-food level of quick-retrieval memory ( I think neurosurgeons call it "L2" cache memory in your head; and Microsoft sells software upgrades now for that part of your brain - as long as you have the *Brand* new version of windows lol )

You know - project "Yohave" - Yohave d bux , yu gette da brain u once had - in my case lol - spoofing "Project Mojave" - assuming you've seen ads for that: damage-control on premature perhaps release of Vista Windows hence drawing excess criticism, where Microsoft responds by letting customers play with a (lying, but 'we' know tee-hee) -"new experimental correction-upgrade' to Vista called "Mojave" - ppl like it, rave about it, not knowing they are on camera, and we (tee hee) know its *really* plain ole' Vista they are using and raving about how much better it is than vista, or so much better than the reason they've refused to buy it so far - then 'candid camera' setting catches their reaction when they are told by M.S. employees it IS Vista with a thinly disguised "neener-neener, told-ya, told-ya, it IS good, REALLY catches them when they tell them they have been using Vista the whole time; ostensibly a 'mythbuster' approach ad..lol..)

Sooo I thought I should explain my brain-dead forgetfulness about the whole arborite 'discussion/colloqium company history and place in Canadian Economics Treatise we did LOL....you, me, and Char had stemming (there's that GL word again !!) from just the song "Never say trust me" and its repeat usage of arborite in it - arborite tables, arborite dreans.... had me looking up my old lumber industry ties to ordering from the co. way back when, and Char and your memories were correct about 2 days before I arrived at same conclusion ! duhhhhhh errrrrrrrrr ahm a little tard now..... aaahl be ok LOL

Ahemm,, So, Why yes, Sheryl KAT, We DO know one another from posts quite more than you realized, I'm glad I was able to clear that up for you, yes of course harrumpph... lol
Old 09-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #61
Jesse Joe

Quote:
Jesse Joe, I'd go though Heaven and Hell both to see New Brunswick in the autumn. So they (leaves) have not changed yet, huh ? Boy I'd sure love to see 'em.
Ah yes indeed Geo Steve, (Fall) Autumn, is the time to be in New-Brunswick ! We had a little frost, so now in a couple of weeks the green dark forest will have beautiful colors, with train tracks running in to the forest. I am a mountain biker myself, and there are some lovely trails...

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 09-27-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #62
SherylKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
Geoge is adorable..from Pictou County, Nova Scotia (Like Dave Gunning) His MySpace says PeeWee is in the band:
http://www.myspace.com/georgecanyon

Lisa is resting up for more snow shoveling..

HALLO, CHAR! HAPPY FRIDAY!

Just got a quick message from Pee Wee, which stated: "Hi Sheryl, We cut the George Canyon CMT Revival Special in Toronto...I played with George & it was magical...haven't felt that much emotional feeling in my playing in a long time...I am part of his band on the dates I am available to make....Not sure when it will be on CMTTV, will let know asap." I'll keep you guys apprised - I think he's just over the moon now and so busy playing as much as possible with George Canyon's band and other bands! Jesse J., my THIRD without a screw-up HOPEFULLY! CHAR, GEORGE is adorable! How old is he - does that make us COUGARS?!? SherylKat. And yes, I'm at work but old habits die hard! I will get back to work so don't scold! LOL
Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 PM   #63
joveski

if anyone here has a facebook account account, he has a facebook page!

just a search for Ed Ringwald
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 AM   #64
charlene

I heard from him a couple of times in the last couple of weeks..I watched the CMT show on Friday night. it was great! Pee Wee (Ed) still plays so beautifully.
George is a cutie. no doubt about it..He's a very humble and thankful fellow.
http://www.georgecanyon.com/georgecanyonbio.pdf
He's certainly come along way from coming in second on the Country Idol show back in 2004. No one has heard from the winner..lol

George on The Hour: click on video @ Cold open: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=933172143

then watch
George on The Hour:interview: http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=933172143

He has a Facebook page and seems to answer his fans questions!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/George-Canyon/5812268605

PeeWee has some pics posted at his Facebook site from The Revival Show. search Ed Ringwald not Pee Wee)
he has joined the Gordon Lightfoot Fan Club at Facebook and posted this:
Where have the years gone.....I started playing pedal steel guitar with Gord at the young age of 23...He taught me so much about the business & can thank him so much for my music career and all the great fans I met all over the world...Congrats to a great fan club and to a legend...Happy Birthday Gord and many more....Peewee Charles

I think I posted the other day that he asked me to say hi to everyone here..
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #65
Jesse Joe

Thanks for the info on Pee Wee Charles.