banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
Dave, Melbourne,Australia

Default Gord songs I've heard on Australian radio

I've been listening to Australian radio since the early 1970s & I've only heard 4-5 Gordon Lightfoot songs. "Sundown" got plenty of airplay & I remember it blaring out of the speakers at my primary school fete. It still gets a regular turn on easy-listening stations like Melbourne's 3MP, along with "If You Could Read My Mind", which was also performed at my secondary school's annual concert in at least 2 years. I heard "Anything For Love" once on radio & once performed by a solo singer/pianist at a wedding reception. And I heard "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" on radio when I visited Lakes Entrance (a coastal town several hours east of Melbourne). Oh, & I recommended "Stay Loose" to the host of a discerning late-night music show. Lo & behold, she bought the album it came from, loved the song & played it at the start of the next show!
Dave, Melbourne,Australia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
brink-

Default Re: Gord songs I've heard on Australian radio

No wonder OZ doesn't have much of a Gord following, there isn't much of a selection played. People don't get a chance to hear the really good stuff.

Stay Loose is a great song, she was wise to spend her money and buy that album, I bet she still plays it.

Since there are so few songs played there I am very surprised that you are such a huge fan. Good onya. We need more people like you.....well Gord does anyway.
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
joveski

Default Re: Gord songs I've heard on Australian radio

the last time i heard a gord song here was in 1998! and thats how i got into the man

i heard If you could read my mind and Sundown in back to back days - and never again!
joveski is offline   Reply With Quote