banner.gif (3613 Byte)

Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif
1x1.gif You are at: Home - Discussion Forum 1x1.gif
Corner.gif 1x1.gif Corner.gif

round_corner_upleft.gif (837 Byte) 1x1.gif (807 Byte) round_corner_upright.gif (837 Byte)

Go Back   Gordon Lightfoot Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
minstrelms

Upstate New York: I heard Gordon's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" on the radio this morning, a nice way to pay tribute to those who lost their lives when the EF went down on this day in '76.

Post here if you also hear "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" in your area.

(Moderators: Please delete if this sort of idea is not welcome. Thanks.)

minstrelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #2
loveyagord

Upstate New York: I heard Gordon's "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" on the radio this morning, a nice way to pay tribute to those who lost their lives when the EF went down on this day in '76.

Post here if you also hear "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" in your area.

(Moderators: Please delete if this sort of idea is not welcome. Thanks.)

loveyagord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #3
fowlesjohn

at "o" early this morning (already) I have had the strange case of having conversation regarding the Fitz, not once but three times. Very different morning, because they were all reminding me of the date and the fact that it's the "day" historically of the wreck. ya know, that might be the reality of this thing...hm-m-m...small wheels turning, no grinding in thought.
fowlesjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #4
gwen snyder

at "o" early this morning (already) I have had the strange case of having conversation regarding the Fitz, not once but three times. Very different morning, because they were all reminding me of the date and the fact that it's the "day" historically of the wreck. ya know, that might be the reality of this thing...hm-m-m...small wheels turning, no grinding in thought.
gwen snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:50 PM   #5
BILLW

Send a message via AIM to BILLW

Well.....I heard it in the car this morning coming to work but it was a CD...so it didn't count...exactly..

Bill
BILLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:26 PM   #6
TheWatchman

Same here. CD on the puter.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Steve DeRosa

Well, I've been listening to classic music for the "burbs" all morning and haven't heard it yet. I imagine that I will hear it in the car on the way home, courtesy of my CD player!
Steve DeRosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #8
Oma

Well, I've been listening to classic music for the "burbs" all morning and haven't heard it yet. I imagine that I will hear it in the car on the way home, courtesy of my CD player!
Oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
Carlos

Yes, I heard it on the radio on the way into work this morning (in Minneapolis).
I'd gotten tired of listening to how our football Vikings got clobbered yesterday and changed the station - and there it was! I'd forgotten to listen for it, but obviously that was a big reminder!
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 06:55 PM   #10
shustad

Yes, I heard it on the radio on the way into work this morning (in Minneapolis).
I'd gotten tired of listening to how our football Vikings got clobbered yesterday and changed the station - and there it was! I'd forgotten to listen for it, but obviously that was a big reminder!
shustad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:03 PM   #11
titan

I called WYMG in Springfield, Il and requested The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
It's 7:10 PM right now and I just finished hearing it!!!! Now I'm getting ready to watch another icon of the Great Lakes,
The Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football!!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:03 PM   #12
titan

I called WYMG in Springfield, Il and requested The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.
It's 7:10 PM right now and I just finished hearing it!!!! Now I'm getting ready to watch another icon of the Great Lakes,
The Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football!!
Old 11-10-2003, 10:44 PM   #13
Lil Hoov

We heard it at work today on a Rock station that plays at work, I am in Northern Indiana. Randy
Old 11-10-2003, 10:44 PM   #14
Lil Hoov

We heard it at work today on a Rock station that plays at work, I am in Northern Indiana. Randy
Old 11-12-2003, 05:35 PM   #15
Borderstone

Excuse my late posting,I have had a busy 2 days (and the library was closed yesterday.) On Monday,I didn't hear the song until I went to bed,playing my Gord CD's as usual. The rest of the day I had been busy visiting with my best friend (formerly my girlfriend) because on Tuesday she was going up to live in Prescott for an unsure length of time. We've known each-other for 8 years next month and now that she's up there,I have one less person I can call to shoot the breeze with. <As that indicates,I'm not to happy about that but she had to go up there. Since it's her personal life I wont say why. I feel kind of shipwrecked myself but I'll deal with it,it's not forever. Later!

------------------
Borderstone (Hello! )
Borderstone is offline   Reply With Quote