View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
jj

Default Re: Live at Avery Hall cd

wonderful, discussion provoking post, steve ...that's what I'm here for, discussion, not just Q+A

in this day and age I wouldn't pay more than $9 for any CD, since this will likely appear on the internet sooner or later as does everything...if you are the type that needs to have something like this immediately then the bid-wise, the sky's the limit ...I've found that many great fans are dying to share or swap their bootleg stashes with other great fans and their efforts in sharing via internet, e-mail or snail mail are a labour of love rather than profit motivated ...and should one fan have nothing attractive (or non-redundant) to swap then reimbursement for shipping costs seems to be the norm

this fellow says he's a fan but I notice he is also selling a photo that Gord signed for him...just my opinion but I find that pathetic and an example of one of the reasons that many artists, celebs, sports figures, etc will hesitate or no longer sign a 'collectable' for a true fan, no matter how young ...I also notice that the concert was to raise funds for a charity... maybe I've misjudged the seller and he is planning to donate his proceeds to the cause

now that I'm done with my bootleg discussion and it's hidden agenda of attempting to impose my exemplary morals on others, lol, the second part of my answer is, this was a radio broadcast so I assume the recording was of broadcast quality.... unlike the kind-hearted, steve, if you go for it, i won't hate to see you get ripped off, lol, buyer beware ...and if it is as advertised, happy listening and make us each a copy

Last edited by jj; 08-18-2008 at 03:15 PM.
jj is offline   Reply With Quote