View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Borderstone

Looks like seafarer read my mind. I was going to start a topic about this myself but yep,25 years since "Shadows". Had I not been a teen more interested in the current music scene then,I more than likely would have bought it that year too. (This past Dec. 9th marked 4 years since I bought it though. :D )

All I knew of Gordon then was that he was only heard on oldies & light rock stations. I had no idea he was even making albums at that point (until 1983 when I saw a copy of Salute @ my local record outlet.)

It also been 25 years since Gordon's last Hot 100 single from this LP. "Baby Step Back",the most obviously commercial cut,only reched the top 50
( between #50 & #41)in May of '82.

The album deserved a better fate of course and if there were a way to change past events,
I'd be willing to bet that had the label gone with the title cut first,
it would have upped the sale of albums considerably and maybe even had given Gordon a 2nd #1 hit.

This anniversary makes it quite great that he opened the show with "Triangle" and sang "Shadows" & "14 Karat Gold"