View Single Post
Old 07-21-2002, 06:51 AM   #9
vlmagee

Send a message via AIM to vlmagee Send a message via MSN to vlmagee

A couple of comments on availability:

Regarding HMV: they are in a contract dispute with Warners. They have chosen to boycott all new releases, starting on June 1. So they don't have the new Lightfoot CDs, but they also don't have any of the other new CDs. I wrote to them online and they told me (tersely) about the boycott, and later (just this week) read about the dispute in Billboard.

The CDs are also available through CD Plus ( www.cdplus.com ) for a very attractive price ($12.49 CDN). CD Plus has brick and mortar stores in some parts of Canada; you can look up addresses online at their web site (click on Store Locations along the left side). But I think that the great price may be available only online.

And this isn't a "limited release" item from Rhino, so don't worry about that. But, as you say, these albums aren't on the tip of any buyer's tongue, so they may not choose to buy them for widespread stocking. The more people ask about them, the more stores will ask distributors about them, and maybe more of them will start stocking them.

------------------
Valerie Magee

Visit my GL web site at gordonlightfoot.com

[This message has been edited by vlmagee (edited July 21, 2002).]
vlmagee is offline   Reply With Quote