View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #18
Jesse Joe

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote:
hab - i think it means pea soup in French, jessi can translate... jj
lol ! Very funny jj, your right in a way but "No Cigars"

Quote:
Les Hab is short for Les Habitants...another name for the Montreal Canadiens - note the 'e' in Canadien.. that's the French spelling and it is also used in English when referring to them)...Char
There was also a discussion that the 'H' in the middle of the big 'C', stood for Canadiens Hockey !

But the true meaning of The Habs is exactly what Char posted...

I guess you cant teach her new things this moderator person... lol !

There was a discussion about it last winter in the intermission after first period of a Habs game, and from what I saw & heard this is the meaning of HABS... Very good CHar !

In french they called them "Le Tricolore", meaning 3 colors {Bleu, Blanc & ROUGE}... Dont tell me you knew this one as well Char !

Last night The Habs started their 100th season; in (Buffalo), because {DISNEY} had a show at The Bell Centre, in Montreal...

The NHL All Star game will be in Montreal this year, and they would like to win that Stanley Cup for their Centennial year. Same as in 1967 for EXPO 67. But Toronto Maple Leafs won it that year, and was their last Cup to this day ! CURSE ???

I get every Montreal Canadiens hockey game on RDS which is the french network for TSN and last night, they had the theme song for "Hockey Night In Canada" since the station belongs to CTV, who has you know bought the rights to that Classic hockey game theme song.

I hope this answers your question SherylKat... and here is the Montreal Canadiens Crest with the big C & H in the middle.

Have to go check out that little cartoon now.

Hey you guys (jj & Char) did you go check out the entire Steve Murphy interview w/ Stephane Dion. I saw it thursday night here on our news network CTV from Halifax.

It made You Tube and got quite a bit of talk.

Last edited by Jesse Joe; 10-11-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Jesse Joe is offline   Reply With Quote