View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #31
Borderstone

Default Re: CBS Sunday Morning?

Hello! Well,despite the fact I couldn't get to sleep
last night,I stayed up until CBS Sunday Morning came on @ 7am.
When I saw the host show the order of stories i was worried they were saving Gordon for last,thankfully,on right after another world renowned legend.

Gord looked like he was feeling good and sounding great (Both singing and talking). Yes,I too noticed the "overdub" of 70s vocal but that's a standard thing done on TV. Same as they do on those TIME-LIFE music collection Tv spots.

Glad they showed him circa 1970,singing CRRT and others. It was a good interview but what I didn't dig was the announcer/man reading story saying "if you're going to listen to Lightfoot,let me warn you." Now,I know it's only a humorus line and no ill will was in it but still "a warning?"

After the 10 to 15 minutes was done & they went to commercial, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer . Was it any longer than that? Of course,I can just watch the fulll clip we have here and see.

I think that's the most positive U.S. interview I've seen since either Entertainment Tonight in '83 or Thicke Of The Night" in '84. I kind of wish they hadn;t mentioned his illness in 2002 and would have focused more on the present and the fact he had a live album out for people to hear. Not to mention his whole catalouge,

Been the B. Later!