View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #54
Don Quixote

Hi, CHar. Just got back into action after a few days off, and I read your fantastic interview; you got more out of him than some of the hour-long programs done by the "professionals". Great reading.

B'stone--like it or not, it's time to hit the treadmill. Once you hit a certain age (like you, in your 40s, no?), those few extra pounds get tougher and tougher to get rid of. I didn't get it though my head until I was around 47 and was around 50 lbs. overweight, and my BP could have propelled someone to the moon. Now I've dropped about 35 of the extra pounds and my BP's 116/76, working out 3-5 times a week for two hours. It's tedious, but then again dropping dead from a heart attack or being permanently disabled from a stroke isn't much fun either. Exercise is also good if, like my daughter, you suffer from depression--like Gord said, it makes you feel better (something about releasing seratonin into the system). Once you get into the habit, it's not so bad; the most difficult thing is just dragging your a** to the gym in the first place. Give it a try.
Your pal,
DQ
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote