View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
LindaWild

Send a message via Skype™ to LindaWild
Default Re: CD Launch @ Indigo Books-pics and video

She is a bully and had an agenda. To me, it seemed she was rudely pushing to see if she could get more out of GL than he wanted to reveal, misusing her role as host to do so.

She fully understands that GL is reticent about discussing his past --he has said "I don't want to hurt anybody" and he seems genuinely to have moved on. He's not that person anymore, why resurrect that?

But she wanted the notoriety of being the one to get him to reveal some nugget of information. Same with getting him to overcome his reticence about playing unprepared. She would have seen the CBC interview, and how Gord doesn't like to play without being prepared ... so I am more than suspicious about the guy with the guitar and capo being there "coincidentally". Smells a bit like she set it up to ensure Gord had no OUT.

Also the way she said to that person in the audience "this is MY show" was a marker of a big ego. Yes, I'd say its "all about her" in her mind. Maybe I'll download a book off bit torrent in honour of her.

----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
At the time I had my hand up in the air to ask a question I'm sure she didn't know anything about me..lol, or even afterward for that matter. I think she wanted the mic to get back up front so I could use it. Time ran out tho.. Don't know if she caught Gordon coming down into my row to say hi to me..
I was going to ask him if there were more tour dates to be added for 2012 since it seems like quite a reduced list - There will be more dates in Sept./October..
I found the moderator unprepared and woefully lacking on current issues in regards to recent honours that Lightfoot has rec'd and the very important and prestigous Songwriters Hall of Fame induction in June. She didn't even seem to know the recent album history prior to this LIVE cd. I SO wanted to shout at her several times. She seemed to be fixated on ancient history of women and alcohol binging it up every chance she got. It's probably just as well I didn't get a chance to ask a question - she pissed me off - a lot. Gordon was a gentleman however and was his usual charming self.
LindaWild is offline   Reply With Quote