View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
dray7austin

Default Re: St.Charles,Illinois-March 15-2014

Peter, I also know how you felt for I attended my first meet n greet a month ago. I had met Gord once before in 2007 waiting for him to leave a venue, but it in no way compared to the meet n greet. And the whole band is so nice. I probably talked the longest to Carter also. The only bandmate who didn't appear was Mike. Which we were told is the norm. As for the concert, I never had the privilege of seeing Gord in the 1970s or 80s. And he didn't tour Austin between 1981 and 2007. But I was there in 2007. And 2009. And 2014. I had been almost in pain waiting for him to return here this year after a five year absence. And I too am so mesmerized by his show to this day. I've seen a lot of bands, met a lot of musicians and worked with a lot of bands in my life. But Gordon tops them all. And he is so kind to his fans after each show. Whether it is a meet n greet or just an autograph outside the arena door. Not too many people who are of the "legendary" status are willing to be as accessible to their fan base. But maybe that's just why Gordon has such a loyal following. He doesn't get the credit he deserves here in the states. But those who do love him here, make up for those who are just so unaware of his greatness. Canada has a treasure who will be remembered 500 years from now in their country. Even Bob Dylan will be lucky to have a following in the states 100 years from now. Gordon is part of the fabric that not only weaves a country but grows within it's people. The memory of Gordon's music will never be blowin' in the wind to escape their memories. But will be handed down from generation to generation like a valuable family heirloom. And his music will be left to those who wish to understand who they are, from where they came and what they shall become. We in America should hope to be so lucky.

Last edited by dray7austin; 03-19-2014 at 01:22 AM.
dray7austin is offline   Reply With Quote