View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #15
Islandgirl1

Default Re: Songs that took a little while to grow on you

ALL I'M AFTER - Sounded too old fashioned to me. Especially the long note. "I think I got it maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade>>>
But one day several years ago, while sitting in a NY traffic jam, I listened to the words and it was so relavent to my life at the time that it is now one of my favorites, even with the long note. [I used to be able to hold the long note, but not anymore.LOL] My favorite lines are:

"All I'm after is the sunlite summer nights. By the seashore, don't want no more neon lights. Just the sand and the sky as the hours roll by. . .

and

"All I'm after is to be the flame in your tattoo, be the one gal who can thrill me through and through."

Others are Your Love's Return; Mountains & Maryanne [until someone in the old news group suggested it is about a motorcyclist-gave it a whole new and fascinating perspective]; River of Light [took a while to catch on to the tune-a YouTube video helped-now one of my favorites from HARMONY]; Too Many Clues In This Room [Just a matter of maturity].
Islandgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote