View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
Borderstone

Default Re: Neil Diamond Retirement

One thing is certain with me. I'm an avid listener aka fan of all the people mentioned here and even though it's only retiring, it is no less kind of a melancholy or borderline sad thing.

I'm an '80s teen but I like these artists even more than the ones I liked in that decade. Mainly because their music was honest and from the heart and just outright emotionally touching and simply beautiful, wonderful and any other positive adjectives.

A lot o the acts of my teens have in the past few years, suddenly passed on at too young an age. The acts in question here may be aging but they haven't exited unexpectedly early either.

So, I hardly feel that any singer or band, that would retire after 50+ years of touring, would not be considered 'a big deal'. Sorry if we can't take it as 'matter of simple fact' Touhy, but Gordon means a lot to all of us here, as well as these other singers we're talking about.

I'm already and still so bummed about some of my fave 80s acts being gone, i sometimes just can't listen to their music, mainly because my heart says they should still be here and that I never saw them in concert. George Michael, Prince, Michael Jackson and some others. Basically, I and my peers didn't get to say goodbye.

My girlfriend's fave is Linkin Park and their lead singer Chester Bennington
and another member took their lives...and she didn't get to see them 'live' either.

So, the possibility of Gordon retiring and that we know the others will, 'is' a very big deal. Once they're done, they're done. I'd love to see Simon & Garfunkel together at least once, since "Mrs. Robinson:" was #1 in the US the day I was born & I love their music.

As for Gordon, he's coming to Scottsdale/Phoenix this May and I hate to say it, it may be the last time I see him perform. So should he decide to hang it up not long after that, then that will be the end of a very long but very great era.

For us him and the rest as well. I may have said it long ago,
but again, I envy all off you who saw Gordon in the 1960s and 1970s in concert.