Thread: Barry Harvey
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
Melissa

Default Re: Remembering Barry Harvey.

Amen to the above. And "special" is not a big enough word. For lots of folks, those Caffe Lena concerts were nothing short of awesome. I missed the first one, in 2002, but I was there the next year, for the return engagement. It was that weekend in Saratoga Springs, in April, 2003, that really turned my musical life around. Like so many others, I thought I was the only GL fan left, until I found those Lightheads. I'll never be able to thank Ed, Derek, Matt and Cathy enough for inspiring me, with those concerts, to move forward with music. There were other Lightheads involved in that adventure (including Lori, who was in that first LTB in 2002!), and, of course, Val, who put the thing together, but it was Ed who performed the monumental task of putting those recordings together, mixing, producing the CD's and handling the distribution to all of us and giving us a glimpse of that magical time in Saratoga Springs. That first LTB didn't have the luxury of getting together to practice in person - they did it all via email, chats, exchanging mp3's online - and then had a day and a half together to rehearse before performing 2 2-hour concerts to a packed room on Fri. and Sat. nights. It was terrific. I'll never forget it, nor ever stop wishing I could go back to that weekend and relive it all over again!

Melissa
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote