View Single Post
Old 12-06-2000, 10:27 PM   #235
Brady Bunch

Anne -- I too saw Gordon in Lincoln City. We got to sit in the front row for his second concert on Saturday night, a magical event for me. It was the first time I'd seen him since 1982, so changes have happened! He seemed a bit tired at that one too, did 90 minutes straight. I left my business card, with requests written on the back, on the stage. He picked it up about 1/2 way through the concert, and I almost died right there. He read one of the titles out loud, "Never Too Close," said they'd done that one in the earlier show and "good songs are like tires, they must be rotated." Then, he put MY card in his back pocket!! I leaned over to my husband and loudly whispered "my business card is next to Gordon's rear!!" Char, are you listening? I didn't get to meet him as I had hoped, but this series of events was a big enough thrill for me for the evening. I kept waiting for him to call me at work, but he hasn't yet (LOL).

As for my favorites (plural, not singular), IYCRMM, Seven Island Suite, The Watchman's Gone, I'm Not Supposed To Care, If Children Had Wings, All I'm After, Same Old Obsession, Hi'Way Songs, Lazy Mornin' (beautiful piano work by Gord), The Circle is Small, Circle of Steel, to name just a few!!

He is simply the best, isn't he? I'm like you, Char, I feel so lucky and blessed to have his music in my life. I feel sorry for people who don't appreciate him!! Also, I have a 16 at home who thinks my obsession is nuts. Oh well...