Thread: Sarasota !!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
charlene

Well, after a five hour eat/drink/shopathon in the Atlanta airport on Saturday I finally made it to my sister's place in Sarasota at 11 p.m.after departing Toronto at 1 p.m.

With fabulous front row - dead centre seats we enjoyed a great show. Gord was a bit 'wispy' at times and a bit quiet but for the most part sounded great. He didn't do much chit-chat but rolled right along into the next song with great gusto. It was a beautiful theatre and completely full.

Photos were not allowed during the show and the camera police were very serious - even as Gord was leaving the stage after his encore! Don't mess with the seniors in Sarasota!

There were many "Snowbirds" from Canada and most were probably from Ontario. Couchiching was warmly received with hoots and hollers.

It's always fascinating to me to attend a Lightfoot concert somewhere other than Massey Hall.....

set list:
Monday Feb.13, 2006 - Sarasota, Florida - Van Wezel Hall

Cotton Jenney
Carefree Highway
Sea of Tranquility
Don Quixote
Harmony
IYCRMM
Couchiching
Make Way For The Lady
Watchman's Gone
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown
The Fitz
Alberta Bound

Intermission

Let It Ride
Spanish Moss
Shadows
Waiting For You
Never Too Close
APPT
Beautiful
CRT
Baby Step Back
Restless
Old Dan's Records

Encore

Early Morning Rain

END SHOW

A shout out for Ponyman was acknowledged but not performed. darn.

The Lightfoot Tribute shows at Hugh's Room in Toronto are coming up on the 24th and 25th. I'm hoping to get down on the 25th to see Jory Nash and Aengus Finnan put on a terrific nights entertainment with so many other talented performers.....perhaps The Man himself might show up again....
lol
Char
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote