Thread: Wolftrap Review
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
locster

I'll leave it to someone else to do a set list...we had a four hour drive home after the concert to be at work today, so I'm a bit out of it.

I first saw Gord on the Shadows tour many years ago, and have seen him several times through the years since then. His voice has changed with age and health issues, but one really didn't notice that last night. I think he and the band were in the top most form I've ever seen! Great energy, pristene audio mix from from I sat, and the playing was as clean as could be.

As he sang Minstrel of the Dawn I thought -- he was a romantic that sang of troubadors in his earlt career -- NOW he is one. A commanding presense, especially given his shy, awkward, "Aw shucks" stage banter.

Glad he did Harmony, sad he didn't do Carefree Highway. I've always loved the music to In My Fashion, but hate talking parts in songs...until he did it last night, and it just sank in.

Many of the gems seemed to have subtle nuanced musical phrasing added to to instrumental parts -- a really, really nice touch. Couldn't hear the whistling on Ghosts of Cape Horn, and Terry seemed to punch up the guitar lick in that part after the first pass.

Too tired to go on now, but it was a testament to his renewed vigor as a performer. He joked about outlasting most of the folks at Warner Bros.

Last note...after the break he had on white shoes (he normally trades boots for sneakers at the break). These looked like white leather shoes. I kept thinking "Lord, let him be in his sock feet 'cause that just looks wrong!" Oh well, chalk it up to a child of the sixties!
locster is offline   Reply With Quote