View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 06:51 PM   #11
2loveandmaplesyrup

Borderstone:

You know, that seems to be the truth. The times he has been to my home town (Sacramento), it seems like it was the best kept secret in the country. (Even when Bob Dylan came here last year, I didn't find out about it until two days after the concert.)

But, as bad a venue as it was, at least when Gord came to Jackson (Jackson Rancheria) last fall, there was actually this HUGE sign (Those ads that are on these gigantic sign boards that are about fifty feet big) advertising him. And that one was in Sacramento.

It was kind of funny. Our pastor, as I said, went with us and there were all these magazines with Gord on the cover and they were free. We grabbed a handful of them and on the way out, Father Potter saw another stand and said, "Well, take more! They're free!" (He's a very down to earth sort of guy.) The point of all this is when we saw the sign board coming home, he said, "There you go. Why don't you call them and ask them for THAT poster!" Geez! It would have wallpapered two walls in our apartment. LOL!

To make a long story short, I have many copies of that Jackson Rancheria magazine with Gord on the cover. If anyone would like a copy, please let me know and I'll be glad to send you one. I have a fairly large stack of them and the cover photo, as well as the one inside and the article are rather good.

If you'd like, I could scan it and post it on this group, but there may be some folks who would like to have the actual thing.

LOL! My son was in my room after that concert and he ran across them and his comment was, "Mom, do you think you got ENOUGH copies!"

Stay loose, eh?

LAMS
2loveandmaplesyrup is offline   Reply With Quote