View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #65
Sundreme

Truth is not subjective, it is objective. That is what makes it TRUTH. Some things are correct based on factual realities. For example, it is not merely my opinion that the sun rises in the east and sets in the West, or to be more prescise, the earth rotates in such a way that from the vangtage point of one standing on Earth, it appears to rise in the east and set in the west. These statments are factually correct, which makes them true.
If someone wants to purposely argue incorrectly for the sake of argument, then they can deny the existence of East and West,or say that the earth is really stationary and does not rotate at all, but this does not make them correct, nor does it negate the veracity of the original statement.
Whatever "opinion" I offer is always supported by facts and I state those facts whenever I present an argument.
If someone can offer their own facts to repudiate anything that has been said or that can support their counter-arguments then they should do so. Otherwise, without facts to back up those statements, then it is they who are engaging in the knee jerk reactionism.
Erica

quote:Originally posted by violet Blue Horse:
[B]Truth always has been and always will be a subjective opinion. Someone who emphatically believes otherwise is usually someone engaged in knee jerk reactionism.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sundreme:
And what amazes me is that people want to be so poltically correct that they cannot accept the truth if that truth detracts from their rose colored "everyone is lovely, everything is equal" view of the world.

[This message has been edited by Sundreme (edited January 25, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Sundreme (edited January 25, 2004).]