View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #21
timetraveler

Default Re: I'm a grandmother!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
Guess what? My oldest son, Matt, went and made me a grandma. He and his wife Nadia had their first child on July 31st, an adorable little girl named Madeline. She weighed 5 lbs, 14 oz. at birth and is doing well. They're going home this evening.

Matt said he actually cried the first time he held her. Imagine that. A 6'3", 210 lb. man who likes to play the tough guy, crying over his new baby...

Do I feel any different now that I'm a grandmother? Not really. For three years now, my other son has lived with a woman who has two small sons from a previous marriage. They call Dan 'Dad' and me 'Grammy Cathy'. The youngest often visits his real father, but I'm convinced that Dan is Dad in his small world, and I'll always be Grammy Cathy.

Cherish those babies, my sons, because in a blink of an eye they'll be grown and married, with children of their own.

Cathy
How wonderful! Babies have been known to be the strongest people on earth, when you think about it. More than one man has been brought to their knees when a child reaches out & smiles at them. Babies are such wonderful people it's hard to put words to what I feel about those beautiful little things. And you are right. People do need to cherish them.