Thread: Massey 1999
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #6
brink-

Default Re: Massey 1999

I was a late bloomer, and went in 2005. May I go on a bit about 2005?
I did not meet Doug, but I did meet Diane. I also met many others. I was a bit nervous, but I had been in the chatroom and met some great friends. I just had never seen them. So finally Rik (chatroom Rik), Laurel and I decided that we would go to Toronto. Rik, Laurel and I stay at the Cambridge Suites about a block and a half from Massey. Great room, but we spent our time at the Delta with everyone. First concert, there was Char - big bearhug, and then our Little Billy, what a wonderful meeting that was. To finally meet Laurel and my best buddy from the chatroom. I was very surprised at Bill's accent, I just never thought he would sound like he was from New York! The concert was surreal, then so quickly it was over. Standing outside on the sidewalk with Rik waiting for everyone to come out here comes a guy that knew Rik, Kenyon. He talked with Rik, and then Rik introduced me. Kenyon gives me a big hug - BRINK, he says, then calls JJ over and says IT"S BRINK! I felt right at home and among friends. I will never forget that in all my life, I still smile when I remember it. Then back to the Delta where I met evreybody!!! I felt like I had known these people all my life, that I was at a family reunion - with rellies that I liked! It was over way too fast. I made great friends there, Char, Rik, Laurel, Bill and Frank, JJ, Kenyon, Melissa and Denny, Lori, Diane, Donnie, John and Susan, Bru, Lisa, Jenney, everybody....what a great beginning to a lifelong friendship with these people. Massey gatherings are magical. Of course I had to go back 18 months later and met more fabulous people. Unfortunately, I won't be going this year so I will, like Diane, live through trip reports and wait. Next time......
brink- is offline   Reply With Quote