View Single Post
Old 02-27-2000, 03:35 PM   #6
Florian

Hi Janice,

Thank you for your encouragement!

Here is a little bit more:

As I entered the bar, I noticed that the band was playing "A Minor Ballad" again. I would have prefered the old "Hi'Way Songs". But alas, "I'll be alright" with anything they play. Time to take my seat. "Oh, Linda", I shouted, get me some "Blackberry Wine". Instead, moments later, "Rosanna" returned and served me my wine. On her tray she also carried "Wild Strawberries". I took my chances, "May I?", - You are "Welcome To Try" - was her brief answer.

"Much To My Surprise" the old drunkard next to me growled "Does your Mother Know" you are sitting in this bar? "Drink Yer Glasses Empty" and "Slide On Over". He grew more quiet and his voice sounded more "Softly" as he added: Once I was sailing the "High Seas" and stood up against the "Ghosts of Cape Horn". He spoke in a very low voice as he continued, "A Passing Ship" is out there, it has a "Long Way Back Home". I am a sailor, I even live in a "Boathouse". Sometimes I take my "Canary Yellow Canoe" down the "Long River".
He made a long pause, I thought he had fallen asleep when he suddenly continued:
It's "Sixteen Miles to Seven Lakes" you know; and a sharp "Bend In The Water".
Finally he was "Fading Away" but still continued to grumble .
"Talking in your Sleep", eh? It sounded like "Peaceful Waters" or something like that, but "Sometimes I Don't Mind".

I finished my glass and left in a hurry.
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote