View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #63
B45-12

[QUOTE]Originally posted by B45-12:
Hi to Jesse-Joe and Charlene. I gotta say that I didn't think for one second I could sneak in here with the B45-12 handle undetected. Gordon is so identified with that Gibson model. Probably more so than any other Artist with any instrument.

...One exception to this would have to be Roger Mcguinn and his famous 12 string...the Rickenbacker 370 (I believe). Either way you go - if you perform live and dare to play either one of these guitars - comparisons and requests will be hurled your way; some good, some not so good... You can play any Martin you want - or Guild - or Fender and escape this association...but the B45-12 IS LIGHTFOOT - and the Rickenbacker 370 IS McGUINN, and are sacred instruments to some silly people - and (some) will just not leave you alone for playing one. Of course few if any (other than Gordon and those who know the history here) will tell you that Gordon was inspired to get his B45-12 by listening and admiring Bob Gibson. Naturally, nearly all of these types of comments come from players and wannabee players....! It's the musicians equivalent of stepping onto the stage with one sparkly glove on one hand only..
(do we detect a personal experience here denny?)