View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
charlene

Default Re: Lightfoot co-produces Ronnie Hawkins XMAS tune

I LOVE these guys! STORY @: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...tmas-tune.html

Ronnie Hawkins and Gordon Lightfoot collaborate on Christmas tune
The two had a good enough time doing the tune that they recorded a second together.

By: Ben Rayner Pop Music Critic, Published on Thu Dec 10 2015
Hard to believe, but Canadian musical icons and longtime chums Ronnie Hawkins and Gordon Lightfoot have never actually worked on anything together.
That changed this month with the release of Hawkins’s first new release in 15 years, a cover of Robbie Robertson’s “Christmas Must Be Tonight” produced with assistance from Lightfoot.
The two had a good enough time doing the tune that they recorded a second together, a lesser-known Lightfoot composition called “The Pony Man” that will surface at an unspecified date down the road.
“I told Gord I’m gonna record one of his songs a year for the next 25 years,” the 80-year-old Hawkins said backstage at a release event for “Christmas Must Be Tonight” — available on iTunes and streaming sites on Friday Dec. 11 — held on Thursday at the Cambria stonework showroom in Cabbagetown.
Lightfoot, 77, said he’s as mystified as everyone else why the two friends haven’t worked together before.
“We grew up on Yonge St. together,” he said, adding that taking on the role of producer was another first for him.
“I’ve never produced anyone before. Not that I ever said I was the producer, mind you,” he laughed. “They’re the ones saying I produced the record, not me!”
charlene is offline   Reply With Quote