View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #1
seafarer62

Default Thunder Bay- Nov. 4

Neither rain, nor snow, nor slush, nor wind, nor fog, nor deer in the ditch, kept us from getting to the Thunder Bay Community Auditorium. A rather miserable weekend around Lake Superior, but we are always glad to catch Gordon when we can.

First of all, the crowd was very light. The wonderful concert hall was maybe 2/3 full, with the entire upper level empty. As my wife says, Gordon is starting to outlive many of his fandom. And those that were there were generally 50+, many with canes and several wheelchairs.

Gord was in good spirits. He wore the red and blue velvet dress coats with black jeans.

Here is the set list:

Now and Then
Waiting for You
The Watchman's Gone
Don Quixote
Minstrel of the Dawn
Never too Close
Rainy Day People
Shadows
Beautiful
Let it Ride
Carefree Highway
Did She Mention My Name
Ribbon of Darkness
Sundown

Drink Yer Glasses Empty
Sweet Guinevere
Wreck of the EF
Christian Island
14 Karat Gold
I'd Rather Press On
A Painter Passing Through
If You Could Read My Mind
Restless
Baby Step Back
Early Morning Rain
Encore:
Song for a Winter's Night

The crowd was very appreciative. Some guy kept yelling for "Ghosts of Cape Horn." A guy near the front yelled out "Happy Birthday" which he acknowledged.

Gord struggled at times with the voice- Rainy Day People and then left the stage mid-way through the 2nd set , presumably for a shot of oxygen.

He thanked the local Lakehead University for his honorary doctorate degree in music. And he remembered Thunder Bay when it was called Port Arthur and that his trips here go back to the mid-60's.

So our quick trip to Canada was less than 24 hours. No problems with our new passports either-so all went smoothly.

Gord- come back to Minnesota in 2018 !

John- Forest Lake, MN
seafarer62 is offline   Reply With Quote