Thread: Massey Hall
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
johnfowles

Send a message via AIM to johnfowles
Default Re: Massey Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
as fas I know Janice won't be making it this year.

As far as the room - it was pretty pricey and we couldn't make any noise after 11 or so - I'm thinking that wo't work this time..

Not sure what other arrangements other than the jam sessions being held in the coffee shoppe off the lobby at the Delta as we've done in the past..I'll work on it..
Yes well, two comments at least are in order
  1. is there a chance that as in previous years we can get a special group rate and persuade the staff that we need a free conference room justified by the expected large number of paying guests
  2. or the idea as I understand it is that somebody books a room next to one of the available large suites (with folding doors to enable one large room)
  3. it should be stresed that in 2006 due to the complete lack of understanding, consideration and efficiency shown by the booking staff a couple who desired some peace and quiet were in absolute error allocated the room right next to what should have been (and was paid for as such) our after concert meeting room and hence when they complained about the noise instead of offering them a quieter room we were unjustifiably told to shut up. But after herculean efforts by Ron Jones the hotel reluctantly said we could use part of the closed Market Garden cafeteria.
    This was far from ideal especially when the various bodies who tried to turn off the obtrusive "music" eminating from the overhead loudspeakers turned out to be a bunch of clowns who took far too long to work out how to do this simple task
just my 1 pennie's worth

(where Sir does not signify that I am a fully benighted Knight just a Bt which signifies a humble Baronet -?? read the wiki!)
I meant no one no harm
Once inside we found a curious moonbeam
Doing dances on the floor

Last edited by johnfowles; 02-14-2008 at 12:19 PM.
johnfowles is offline   Reply With Quote