View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 02:07 PM   #25
violet Blue Horse

Nah, without the sexual revolution most of modern music would not exist. The sexual revolution happened hand in hand with the women's movement and the civil rights movement. They all fed each other. Take away one part of it, Gods knows what you'd be left with.

quote:Originally posted by young stranger:
Don't get me wrong, I think the rock 'n roll revolution was a great thing for our society, but some things have gone too far, for instance we really could have done without the sexual revolution. And don't blame this generation for it, because it is the previous generation who started all this, but then failed to grow up and fulfill the responsibility that comes with having children. I am a very observant person and I see many more examples of terrible parenting every day than good parenting. From all my observations, there is no doubt in my mind that the real serious problems we talk about, for instance, disrespect, seriously inappropriate lyrics in music, drug use, sexual promiscuity, and violence (like young kids shooting other young kids or teachers) are all mainly the result of bad parenting. In their defense, this really isn't the atmosphere most conducive to writing good music.

------------------
Born once - Got it right the first time. )O(