View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
jj

Default Re: Gordon Lightfoot Forum Statistics

First thanks for bday wishes David and char but let's let that slide down to the bottom of the forum, forevermore! I don't know if u got your answer about active member stats. If one hasn't lurked or logged in or posted in a year then maybe they are deemed inactive. The question surfaced before. Search engine is pretty good here

Great history on GL web stuff. John Fowles could assist. First site I came up was Matthew's. Now inactive it seems. And there are still great archives of Wayne's initial discussion forum going back almost 20 years now. It was a newsgroup format but I would access via déjà.com. It was alt.lightfoot.net I believe.

Wayne Francis from PEI is a terrific canadian songwriter and musician who has worked with Gord's people to establish and maintain the Gord site at www.lightfoot.ca. You will get lost in the wealth of tidbits there plus his own introjections about albums and the man himself. Few if us have had the pleasure of meeting him or Florian (corfid)

Everyone has met Queen char. Lol.

I love it when there a question or list or review perspective that we've never had in the decades on the net, or the 40 odd years of face to face discussion of Gord music or the various tribute nights that have been held from coast to coast or overseas, going back to the late 60s. Ron Jones is a someone you'd love to meet....the late Lynn Ackerman....there is quite a list!
jj is offline   Reply With Quote