Thread: Last Night
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
podunklander

Default Re: Last Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlene View Post
The concert was broadcast live on radio?
As far as I know it was. The radio station (I can't recall which, but was listed on the promo ads) had a sign announcing the live broadcast at a booth set up outside the entrance to the ampitheatre when we 1st got there. They took their tent and everything down about 15 mintutes before the 'door's opened.

Was very kewl though my cuz and I got there early, hoping to get in a round of mini golf...but we still didn't have enough time. I was really anxious to get a look inside at the stage, etc., because I had forgotten what it looked like after over 25 years since I performed there. I recognized the entrance and surrounding area (the train, basketball courts) right away. Wasn't until I got closer to the stage that I was able to remember more.

Still sometime we had before the gates opened so we were sitting on a bench nearby when I heard the music and scurried around the perimeter, and found a view through the chain-link and got a nice peak at GL (in shorts, nice legs) and the band doing the sound check!! 1st time I ever caught that .

During the delay, my cuz went online and we were trying to find the radio station (couldn't recall it). We had fun though, checking the local weather (it was cloudy and we ended up with just a few passing sprinkles). Then I guess my cuz was looking at upcoming GL concerts and tickets and had found one's for Massey -she was bowled over by the $$$ for these! But she wants to go and said we could use her mom's timeshare.

Haven't heard of anyone who got to hear the live broadcast!