View Single Post
Old 03-27-2000, 05:21 PM   #41
Florian

Hi LAMS,

This board is a free and open community.

Everyone can post, registration is not compulsory. It makes no difference to the legitimacy of the content of a message if the user is a registered "Member" or remains unregistered. By registering with this discussion board you automatically gain "Member" status. "Members" have the advantage that they can edit/delete their messages, use signatures, count their total number of postings etc.

I can understand that you strongly object to the two negative postings under this topic, but I don't think that puts you in a position to tell the posters to leave.

At a certain point I think we must realize that where there is much light there also is shadow. But take a statistical approach. There are a total of more than 800 postings on this discussion board, and only two have been negative.

And secondly, if you read the whole topic again and imagine yourself being a person that has never heard of Gordon Lightfoot before - would this discussion make you attend a concert or avoid a concert? I think the former. Numerous persons have answered in the very best way to the negative review of the concert - to share their personal, very positive experiences with us.

That said, I think we must respect that all different kinds of opinions will come up at a discussion board and it will remain open to these postings as long as they don't contain insulting or otherwise objectionable content.

These postings won't change my view of Gordon Lightfoot, they won't change my appreciation for all he has done. I am sure they won't change yours, right?

And please, even though I can understand that you are enraged, please retain from personal insults. I know you have the eloquence to make your point clear without resorting to personal attacks.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want to defend what STK and GEO have written, you can imagine my thoughts about their postings.

But I kindly ask you to keep the discussion at a fair and even level, ok?
Florian is offline   Reply With Quote