Thread: "Sick" Computer
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
violet Blue Horse

Do you have virus software installed? Do you have a spyware sweeping program installed? Spyware can slow a computer down to a crawl and cause it to refuse to shut down or open up properly and can cause error messages, and not all virus software or every version of it checks for spyware.

AOL software can also be very eh, proprietary and sometimes down right vicious. During my unfortuante years with AOL I found that sites I could not access through AOL I could access by minimizing AOL and bringing up either Explorer or Mozilla's browser.

quote:Originally posted by Aime_41:
Alas, our poor computer is ailing again. It must be the owners (this one in particular)
, that bring on these bouts of poor health.
John, I would love to take part in your group, but am in almost the same position, as last year at this time, when we fell right off the radar. We have an AOL account
and tried the AOL "self-fix" remedy, have checked all the browser settings over and over, have checked the internet settings, the security settings, all to no avail. Help!
I know, my computer iliteracy is showing,
but does anyone have a suggestion? Would be eternally grateful. Cannot get into any secure sites at all.