View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #968
geodeticman.5

Default Re: GL Lyrics fan(atics) fun quizzers and more !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM View Post
Thanks for the empathy. Let me put it this way........the devil's in the details.....and Satan was in a really bad mood .
EDIT POST SCRIPT - I JUST NOW REALIZED YOUR REPLY ABOVE WAS FOR JJ, NOT ME, SORRY TO BOTH OF YOU, BUT MAYBE THIS 'GUY STUFF CAR PARTS STORY WILL CHUCKLE BOTH OF YOU..THERE ARE EXPLOSIONS, LIMBS ALMOST FLYING OFF, ITS AN EXCITING READ - IT BELONGS ON THE 'SPIKE CHANNEL' ON CABLE TV....no offense ladies, guys just dig reading and watching and hearing of.... things that smell like 90-weght hypoid gear oil..... ruh ruh ruh ! Man stuff - we love explosions - that defines a guy movie in one sentence.....we're not too bright ..LOL.

Ron - I like that... I had allways heard and tried to abide by the first 'old saw' part - but your addition of... -'and Satan was in a really bad mood' is a hoot - I'l remember that one. I will rue the day when my 3/4 ton Dodge Ram gets a flat tire on one of those beauties - 60 PSI, and heavy....... turning rusted pneumatically-tightened lug nuts and worst of all for , simply stated medical limitations as to weight, I'll be in a bad way. Thank goodness for cell phones !

At least the tires aren't split rims.....you ever see one of those fly off the rotator-style bead-breaker tire remove and reinstall on a rim job ? Whe a new learning employee saving for college does not yet know what split rims are, and the boss is on vacation, that young naive boy can have his head taken off...literally.., by a split rim from a semi that stopped at the Conoco I worked at in High School. I survived, but was told I was lucky, The driver chose to tell me afterwards, full of malcontent sarcasm - you know the type - amused and full of cinicism by my naivete on split rims, .... afterwards he said 'Son, those are meant be to done in a protective cage - that rim'll take a body part off of you, or two A HAHAHAHA. I lost it, rare rare thing for me, and yelled at him ' you mean you knew I was in danger, and din't tell me ? You son of a bi88!!!'

Yeah, reel funny fella, while you watched me try to use a conventional pleumatic tire buster.... and it did fly off.... AND THEN Not a week later an entire battery, charging on the quick charger was going, with the (then) removable caps tp let excess heat and bubbling gases dissipare during a hot charge - the guy that set it up had had a three beer lunch and feelin no pain, he forgot to do the battery out in...... the 'battery shed', away from workers for just that reason. That was still in the day when you had to add electrolyte acid to all new batteries, they came dry.

When it blew up - right smack dab in front of my face, and I mean everything totally in shards and acid skyhigh, right 2 feet from my face, my overalls were soaked in acid which I immediately took off, and ran to a co worker, and said ' do you see any acid on my face ? I don;t feel any...probably will in an hour..... and i went and rinsed my whole head in the OSHA required emreg shower head that USED to be required, but there turned out, despite my face not 2 feet from the explosion, kneeling at same level while cold-tuning a VW for elevation....it was truly miraculous I had not a single burn.

Thats why old real 'service stations' with smiling speedy service, check your oil sir ?-type service long gone..... wore wool coveralls or pants and jacket - its acid resistant. Learned that from my Dad who had the same thing happen to him when HE was saving for college lol.....

Ron, you are most welcome for the ....sympathy.... and I hope my tails of ruination got a chuckle from ya !

Last edited by geodeticman.5; 02-10-2009 at 05:15 PM.
geodeticman.5 is offline   Reply With Quote