View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #69
geodeticman.5

Default Re: You know you're a Gordon Lightfoot FANATIC when...

[ You know you're a Gordon Lightfoot FANATIC when... ]Thinking of Father's Day above, (and Mother's Day too) coming up, on Father's Day over the years, my dream day would go as follows, when all things were possible concurrently in the same day: (something akin to the planets all being aligned every 240-some years - First, my daughter and I would go on a hike and bag a peak in the 11 - 12,000ft. range from a high trailhead near timberline already, such as the Brainard Lake trailhead, climb Mt. Audubon, then go for a short canoeing trip on Brainard Lake, go to dinner All 3 of us when Merry was around, then go to a Sunday Concert with Lightfoot in town - just Merry and I. Those three things have worked together twice in life. That's a great father's day, and the odds of all 3 occuring on the same day (notably the concert) are near astronomical (quite literally). That's when you know you are GL FANATIC when.... for me