View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #14
redhead

Default Re: Rush and Lightfoot

Quote:
Redhead, Hopeuflly this will point-out the double standard to you that exists about who and what are tolerated (behind the cloak of entertainment).

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Sandra_Fluke%22

Here’s what it comes down to, from my perspective.

Limbaugh and his “Ditto Heads” have been trying to deflect his bad behavior by accusing women of hypocrisy for supposedly sticking up for Bill Maher’s jokes. Nobody is sticking up for anyone. And, sorry, but the “well, THEY do it, too” excuse just doesn’t cut it.

Bill Maher has also used cruel and sexist words to describe women, with the difference being that these powerful Republican women have chosen to make their living in the public eye (and that includes Bristol Palin). In addition, Bill Maher is not the unofficial leader of any political party. In order to see him, you have to pay to watch him on HBO, and his reach is limited.

Rush Limbaugh himself acknowledges that he may be the “de facto leader” of a major political party in America, that not only takes it’s cues from him, but has systematically gone after women’s rights. He used his massive public platform to viciously slander a law student who chose to speak out on behalf of women who cannot afford basic reproductive health care, and he did it in the most demeaning manner possible...by portraying again and again (46 times in a three day period) his cruelty and his sexism.

Perhaps the main reason as to why I find Limbaugh’s comments even more offensive is because I have a college aged daughter, and felt personally offended by the insults and abuse he continuously spewed against this well-intentioned young lady who had the courage to speak out. This was a rant of highly personal attacks that were designed to bully and intimidate her into submission by casting aspersions on her moral character. His ugly rant against a private citizen who decided to stand up and be counted overstepped any reasonable bounds of decency.

I have provided a link to Wikipedia, which provides the complete transcript of Limbaugh's remarks regarding Sandra Fluke. I was unable to provide the full transcript, as it was too long to fit into a single posting.

Have a good evening.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote