View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
talbot10

Default Re: Rush and Lightfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
While I am turned off by anybody using such derogatory terms to describe women, what makes Limbaugh's comments even more offensive is that he went after a young woman exercising her constitutional right to testify before congress, as a private citizen. Maher's comments were directed at a public figure, who makes her lucrative living by sparking controversy. In addition, Maher is a comedian on cable television, whereas Limbaugh has more or less become the mouthpiece for one of America's major political parties. His rant about how this young woman should be required to post a sex video on line in exchange for her insurance company covering the cost of her B.C. prescription was absolutely sickening.
Redhead, Hopeuflly this will point-out the double standard to you that exists about who and what are tolerated (behind the cloak of entertainment). This is a post fromn Bristol Palin.

"Dear President Obama, You don’t know my telephone number, but I hope your staff is busy trying to find it. Ever since you called Sandra Fluke after Rush Limbaugh called her a slut, I figured I might be next," Bristol's latest blog post begins.

She goes on to rail against Obama for his lack of consistency regarding the media's attacks on women:

But here’s why I’m a little surprised my phone hasn’t rung. Your $1,000,000 donor Bill Maher has said reprehensible things about my family. He’s made fun of my brother because of his Down’s Syndrome. He’s said I was “f—-d so hard a baby fell out.” (In a classy move, he did this while his producers put up the cover of my book, which tells about the forgiveness and redemption I’ve found in God after my past -- very public -- mistakes.)

If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you. After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager. That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom -- you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits.