Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Showdown ... of a different sort (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=14364)

mercedes 01-18-2006 08:00 AM

Dear Members ...

If this question has been posed before, forgive me .....

What I'd like to know by vote is this .... if you were compelled (God forbid) to choose either of the following CDs (the other you would have to permanently surrender) which one would you keep .... and why ....

"Gord's Gold Vol 1" or
"Complete Greatest Hits" ?

Mike

Cathy 01-18-2006 08:49 AM

Gord's Gold. Not that it's any better. I like Complete Greatest Hit's almost as much. But Gord's Gold was the first Lightfoot album I owned, and I played it until it was completely worn out. I bought the 8 track, the cassette, and now I'm on my 2nd CD, having worn everything completely out. I smartened up this time, though. I made a CDR of my new Gord's Gold CD and put the new one away for safe keeping.

Borderstone 01-18-2006 05:17 PM

"Complete Greatest Hits" (I can always find G.G. again.) This one being newer,very soon,it may be hard to find for awhile.

Molly 01-18-2006 09:52 PM

Gord's Gold, I like the complete greatest hits. But Gord's Gold just, I don't know, just strikes me as more of a Gord project and he made it the way he wanted it. Anybody can have a greatest hits.

byKimberly 01-19-2006 01:21 AM

Complete Greatest Hits, because I don't like some of the other versions of songs on the GG.
Kimberly

Cathy 01-19-2006 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by someday:
I would have to vote for Complete Greatest Hits for the same reason as Cathy.
What? Didn't I vote for Gord's Gold?

mercedes 01-19-2006 02:35 AM

Cathy

Yep, you did ....

I'll take the blame for that as I might have framed the original question in more straightforward terms.

BILLW 01-19-2006 06:05 AM

Gord's Gold since it contains some different versions. If you have every other Lightfoot album then you already have all the 'greatest hits', no ? So you could lose that one and never miss a beat.

Bill :)

Cathy 01-19-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by someday:
quote:Originally posted by Cathy:
quote:Originally posted by someday:
I would have to vote for Complete Greatest Hits for the same reason as Cathy.

What? Didn't I vote for Gord's Gold? [/QUOTE]What I meant was Complete Greatest Hits was also the first Gord CD I owned... I wore it out and listened to it until it crapped out and skipped on several songs. Then I bought a new one. [/QUOTE]Yeah, I did that, too. But I've smartened up in the past few years. Now I make copies and play those.

SilverHeels 01-19-2006 10:38 AM

I think 'Gord Gold' - the sleeve pic is to die for, right ? But 'Greatest Hits' was given me as a 'making up' present so that one has sentimental value ... geeez, this *is* difficult!
Make it easier next time, Mike!
:D

mercedes 01-19-2006 11:26 PM

Make it easier ?? That's why I posed the question .... I certainly can't pick between the two, particularly when by my own (hypothetical) rules, I have to cut times with one of them altogether. :D