Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hi:-) a newbie to the site (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=22493)

erin707 10-24-2010 11:40 PM

Hi:-) a newbie to the site

I am thrilled to death that I stumbled upon this site! I have been a GL fan for quite some time now...well "light" fan since I was a child, a die-hard fan in recent years hehehe
My name is Erin and I am a proud Clevelander! What else is there to know? jk/lol
I have wanted to see GL in concert for some years now but it seemed like every time he came to OH I was unable to attend of one reason or another. But, I was hell bent on going to his Tiffin date just a few weekends ago! While I didn't get the seats I wanted last minute , I was still captivated by his every word, his every strum of the guitar! What a great show, what a great voice, what a great poet :-)
I had the pleasure of meeting him after the show and was pleasantly surprised as to the conversation we had! Like small snapshots from his youth...he mentioned how much he loved what he does, how he sang at family gatherings, weddings and such. Also how he was in choir during his school years...How his mom encouraged his singing...
It was all I could do just to keep my feet planted on the floor as he spoke to me like a friend, not a 25 year old- wide eyed- treasure cat grinning- fan!
THANKS GORDON!

Lisa J 10-25-2010 12:19 AM

Re: Hi:-) a newbie to the site

welcome! I am a newbie too and already I am hooked on this site. I am twice your age and have been attending GL's concerts since i was a teen. I never get tired of them and always coming away as enchanted as you were. How nice for you to have met him on your first concert! I had to wait years before I actually met him and I was the same wide-eyed grinning fan that you were. I am impressed you had such a conversation. I just smiled and stared the first time we talked! HAHA. The last few times I actually spoke to him, and to his band. You are right, he does talk as if he was your friend.
thanks for sharing.

charlene 10-25-2010 07:44 AM

Hi to both of you! And welcome!
We're of all ages here at corfid, from all over the place.
Lightfoot always has time for his fans to chat with them, take pics, sign an album so I'm not surprised he was so generous with his time and stories.
Thanks for posting, feel free to jump into the conversations, tell us about your concert experiences, post pics, ask questions...there's lots of knowledgable folks here!
www.lightfoot.ca is a great info site.
Char

jj 10-25-2010 02:28 PM

welcome and glad you enjoyed the show, spread the word to your young pals:)

hey, you need to add Gordon Lightfoot to your list on myspace 'music' faves! :clap:

Borderstone 10-25-2010 07:51 PM

A welcome to both of you "newbies" from myself, Borderstone. Sometimes known as simply the "B". ;)

Always glad to see new Lightfoot fans like myself join here. :)

Been here coming up on 8 years next February. I was a "peeker" around this time in 2002,wasn't sure if I wanted to join but I finally got my nerve up.

I hope you too have fun here and like both of you,I've been to his concerts as well. Only 4 since 2002 but on each occasion,I was able to meet & get autographs. Only the second & third shows did I get photos taken with him.

Glad you got to meet him too,a nice down to earth performer.

Have a good one! :cool:

erin707 10-25-2010 08:54 PM

wow! Thank you to everyone who took time to post a reply to me:-) I can't believe the love here, thanks so much for making me feel welcomed:-) I will be sure not to be a stranger either!

Yuri 10-25-2010 10:41 PM

Welcome guys...You'll find fanatics on Corfid that know more about Lightfoot than even Gord knows;)
....and the clan just keeps on growin'
Yuri

Rob1956 10-26-2010 04:34 PM

Hey Border....did you ever get a computer, or are you still trekking down to the library?

Cathy 10-28-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erin707 (Post 166524)
I am thrilled to death that I stumbled upon this site! I have been a GL fan for quite some time now...well "light" fan since I was a child, a die-hard fan in recent years hehehe

Erin, you're officially a Lighthead (a "light" fan is someone who weighs about 90 lbs., or someone who is entranced by their new touch lamp).

Gord Fan 10-28-2010 06:42 PM

How do all of you get to meet Lightfoot after the concerts?

Russ

charlene 10-28-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy (Post 166616)
Erin, you're officially a Lighthead (a "light" fan is someone who weighs about 90 lbs., or someone who is entranced by their new touch lamp).

Hey Cathy! been a long time...how are you?
I was just laffing at your post in another thread about your LeMans...I remember hearing that story a longtime ago.
hope all is well with you and your boys..

Cathy 10-28-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlene (Post 166618)
Hey Cathy! been a long time...how are you?
I was just laffing at your post in another thread about your LeMans...I remember hearing that story a longtime ago.
hope all is well with you and your boys..

Hi, Char. I've been away for awhile. My PC died and I just got it fixed.

It was a very traumatic experience to see the LeMans like that. It was my second car, and always ran so good. The first car was a 1969 Saab wagon that was nothing but trouble!

Cathy

charlene 10-28-2010 08:24 PM

I know you've been away! I've e-mailed you several times!
Hope your mum is doing good..
drop me a line when you can..

Lisa J 10-29-2010 12:54 AM

Hey Russ,

I have never been lucky enough to meet GL and the band backstage, but I have waited outside after a few concerts and met him that way. There are always a few people willing to wait after the show and all of the guys are quite kind. They take pictures, tell stories and sign autographs.

Borderstone 10-29-2010 08:54 PM

Rob,my brother lived with me for a time and i used his.

He moved out and now,yes...back to the library and wherever else i can log-on. ;)

GJA 10-30-2010 07:43 PM

Welcome to the site. Glad to know more intelligent people (people who like Gordon).

I have a new crush now, though they are no match for Gordon. But a couple of weeks ago I saw Celtic Thunder in St. Louis. Didn't know much about them but friends had an extra ticket so I went. Now I can't get enough of them!